Using the Mantis Type B ship against the boss

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
splatterk

Using the Mantis Type B ship against the boss

Postby splatterk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 pm

[SPOILERS] This is fairly easy, I did this with the B lay out, but the 2 man teleporter might work too, you will need something to pierce its shields and damage the boss, what I did was teleport two guys only into each of their weapons, taking out the missiles first, now weaponless it can't touch you, so, you are saying " I have a great boarding crew, why not just kill them all and win?" no no no, if you do this bad things happen, i won't talk about them....the AI takes over, it can repair everything whenever it wants and doesn't care about anything you do to it. Anyway, try to leave only the pilot alive, this way the AI won't take over, now try your best to not set of any fires, or other hazards that can kill crew, if the crew dies, as I said, you are SCREWED. Now, what happens when the surviors go and board you? Try to lock them/him (the latter is better) with level 3 doors, and take out he ship as quickly as possible, send crew in if necessary. I didn't beat him because I lacked something to penetrate the shields and I eliminated the crew, but my friend tested this and he managed to beat it.
Last edited by splatterk on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maya

Re: Using the Mantis Type B ship against the boss

Postby Maya » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 am

Actually if you cant pierce the shield it's a better idea to let a Weapons Guy alive so you can easily invade the ship and destroy the Shield without being interrupted all the time or killing the last guy accidentally.
Warhawx

Re: Using the Mantis Type B ship against the boss

Postby Warhawx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Maya wrote:Actually if you cant pierce the shield it's a better idea to let a Weapons Guy alive so you can easily invade the ship and destroy the Shield without being interrupted all the time or killing the last guy accidentally.

Yeah, let the 3 shot laser guy live so you can pretty much destroy all their system except the 3 shot laser without hope of repair. Power surges will still happen tho.