Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
D0nn311y321

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby D0nn311y321 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 am

Got 4052 with the bravais. Beat the boss on easy.
:D
D0nn311y321

Postby D0nn311y321 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 am

ManDude wrote:Image

I wasted all the rebel elites in each sector. I went through 4 nebula sectors but unfortunately the rebels were prepared for everyone of them. I had 2x scrap recovery arm and the weapon pre-igniter with 2x defense and 2x anti-ship drones(which i used to fight the 2nd and 3rd boss). I killed the boss in about 3-4 mins without any hull damage lol. I think it's definately possible to crack 12k because I was 6 explored beacons short of my record run.

I wish I could be as good as you. U r awesome at ftl. Do u make videos? I think u would be really popular as the resident ftl pro on the foums. Keep up the good work.
966socho

Postby 966socho » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:44 am

spammer wrote:Hey guy's just new in here....
I got a win with a score of 25.
:D

Yeah, I had one with a score of 10, seems to be some kind of glitch. I remember being immediately brought to a new run after the credits run without the score prompt. That's probably how it happened. If Matthew is watching this, is the issue fixed now?

It seems like this game should be a bit like golf when you are able to beat it with relative ease; make the most out of the least that you can have. Makes me wonder what is the minimum loadout required to beat the Flagship. (I wouldn't be surprised if it involves the Unidentified Cruiser. It's way too broken)
Dontmindme

Postby Dontmindme » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I'd probably say the Federation ships for minimum layout. The artillery beam at just level 1 by itself is enough offensive firepower to theoretically destroy the flagship.
Vind

Postby Vind » Mon May 06, 2013 4:59 am

A_N00B

Postby A_N00B » Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 pm

4884, mantis b, i was lucky, collected a ton of scrap in the end i had enough to buy EVERYTHING completly useless upgrades and augments were bought because WHY NOT, in the end i had nearly 3000 scrap
Teoes

Postby Teoes » Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Do the usual Open Link in New Tab to see the whole thing, if you're interested in the stats.

Aargh, so close to 10k! These were done without mods and just farming the rebels - Carnelian from Sector 3 onwards, the Basilisk farmed every sector from the start - hit as many beacons normally as possible, then double-back and hit as many beacons as possible a second time. No Scrap Recovery Arms in either run, which was the biggest failing. I did however get loads of free crew early on and plenty free weapons. Great luck with the enemy encounters too: only 3 AI drone ships in the whole game, which meant minimal non-boarding wins, and no AI drones or Zoltan Shields before I had a weapon to break through them - so I didn't have to run from any fights.

I'd be tempted to try again for a 5-figure score, but these farming runs take so long!
nakedian

Postby nakedian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 pm

OK folks hold on to your hats... I just got a score of 11129 using this strategy here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVmbfb6Wrg

Is this a record? (Just saw that it's not... but I ain't complaining) I saw some guy with 10,000 but I haven't seen anything higher.
I actually started the game on "easy" so it would be easier to get the setup. Unlike this guy I never got the Halberd beam, but I did have a defense II, and an anti-ship drone with a drone recovery arm. I would start both drones, hit with the two ion blasts, wait until the hits went through (or missed which usually meant some kind of trouble) then hit with the Hull laser II to the shields. When that went through I would quickly Pike beam across the oxygen, shields, engines, weapons. On the recharge I would set the Hull Laser II to the weapons and keep the Pike where it was. It takes some timing. I just farmed level 7 until I ran out of Drones. I started with 27 drones and left when I got down to two. There is some general drone attrition from random fire and it usually happens when none of the early shots get through. Don't know how to do screen shots (don't have FTL through Steam), but I think you can tell I'm legit but looking at this other guys video and reading my description. You can do it too. Let me warn you though... it is B.O.R.I.N.G.! Another tip... figure out a good way to hit all the beacons. Hit them all then save and quit. When you log back in to the game all the beacons will be filled with new enemies. If you don't do this you'll have to hip around until you run out of fuel just to get a new enemy to pop up. Good luck!
Nimbostratus

Postby Nimbostratus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Not many victories yet. :v
CyborgMantis

Postby CyborgMantis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:23 am

-Normal 5135
Stealth-Normal 4513
Crystal-Easy 4417
Crystal- Normal 4338
The Kestrel- Normal 4068