[CHEAT] STEAM ONLY FTL 1.01 Trainer!

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
xeranes

[CHEAT] STEAM ONLY FTL 1.01 Trainer!

Postby xeranes » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:42 am

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last trainer release, mostly because I didn't feel like keeping up with the frequent beta builds... but since FTL has been released I figure it is time to update my trainer (with a shiny new thread to boot!)

Without further ado:

The FTL 1.01 Trainer!

? What is a "trainer" ?
I'm glad you asked! A trainer is an application that intercepts process commands and re-writes them or prevents them from continuing on, allowing you to do... whatever you want!

? How do I run your trainer ?
Simple! Just run FTL and then open the trainer! It will tell you what to press from then on!

? What does your trainer do ?
Currently the trainer has the following features:

- Freeze Scrap value, self explanatory

- Freeze Crew Health, also self explanatory WARNING! WILL ALSO FREEZE ENEMY CREW HEALTH!

- No Fuel Usage, you know the drill!

- Set Power to 35, this one is a little tricky, activate this option, go to the upgrade menu, and viola! Your power capacity has been raised to 35! Deactivate the command after you see the change to prevent unwanted side effects.

- Freeze Hull, freezes your hull (not the cold type). WARNING!!! WILL NOT PROTECT SUBSYSTEMS! WILL ALSO FREEZE ENEMY HULL!!! NOT SURE HOW TO FIX THIS, SO THIS OPTION IS OF LITTLE USE AND IS EXPERIMENTAL AT THE MOMENT!

There is a version for 32 bit and 64 bit OSes, so download the one that's right for you!

Virus scans (for the rightfully paranoid)

Some hyperactive anti-viruses (I'm looking at YOU AVG! :x ) will pick this up as some sort of trojan or a "hack tool" (which it is to a certain degree :lol: )... This is normal as the processes that a trainer uses strongly resemble the processes of trojans (you can google the issue for more information)

32 bit: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/e07b2ec4d114858d7b9344b7f4b3fcd04220dea6

64 bit: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/f15c66e8da8e16ebea50b859b309cbc72b1eaf7d

Downloads:

32 bit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46619256/FTL%201_01%20Trainer%20x32.rar

64 bit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46619256/FTL%201_01%20Trainer%20x64.rar

Any questions? PM me!
Last edited by xeranes on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I... I think I just broke the game...
Cyanide

Re: [CHEAT] FTL 1.01 Trainer!

Postby Cyanide » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:32 am

Neat little trainer, felt that a few things were missing, scrap should instead of just freezing and allowing increase, be set to a value like 500 beforehand, to actually use it.
Missile pointer
-snip-
Drone parts pointers
-snip-

Those two should probably be used too, just freezing and allowing increase would work on them. Otherwise, good work.
EDIT: Ended up realizing that the trainer didn't work, Kind of derp of me. The UI picks up on the keybinds, but the game itself doesnt do anything, as well as I posted the wrong pointers.
Last edited by Cyanide on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Straykiller

Postby Straykiller » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:27 am

How difficult would it be to make a trainer for Mac?? Care to share your process of making your trainer?
Chunderbot

Postby Chunderbot » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 am

Hmm I can't seem to get the trainer to work.

Running a 64bit machine and downloaded the corresponding trainer.
I run FTL and then the trainer. During play the options light up when I hit the 'F' keys for the trainer, but it doesn't effect anything in game.
Turned off active monitoring on my anti-virus. Tried the x32 version.
Nothing seems to work.
I'm sure it's user error. What am I doing wrong?
Natalie

Postby Natalie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 am

I dont suppose you can freeze the Enemy fleet? I have no problem with fighting or dying from fighting but that damn run against time with the fleet closing in is annoying the hell out of me! I can never finish a sector =(
jplayer01

Postby jplayer01 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 am

I'm having the same problem as Chunderbot. Running Windows 7 x64 and neither 32/64-bit versions work. The game crashed when I entered combat with the x64 version and on jumping into a different node with the 32-bit version.
Last edited by jplayer01 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnMn

Postby KnMn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am

Nifty. I'm impressed with the speedy development.

EDIT: Would you consider releasing the source code?
Cyanide

Postby Cyanide » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:09 am

KnMn wrote:Nifty. I'm impressed with the speedy development.

EDIT: Would you consider releasing the source code?

Not the dev, but it's just some cheat engine auto-made into a lua trainer with the nifty built in function. If you want the variables and such you can grab em from a cheat table i setup
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29329318/Ftl.rar
Keep in mind the values are hexadecimal, so you might want to get a converter, or just wildly guess :3

For the love of god forums, don't accidently double post.
fishiron

Postby fishiron » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:09 pm

What would be a really nice thing to see would be the trainer unlocks ships for you, seriously that slug ship MUST be mine! :twisted:
"...invaders?... TO THE AIRLOCKS!"
xeranes

Postby xeranes » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Natalie wrote:I dont suppose you can freeze the Enemy fleet? I have no problem with fighting or dying from fighting but that damn run against time with the fleet closing in is annoying the hell out of me! I can never finish a sector =(

Unfortunately I have tried this before... My signature quote is what I found: Almost every value associated with the rebel fleet advance breaks the game (in increasingly hilarious ways) if you tinker with them!

Also, For those who want to increase their scrap with the freeze scrap option: go to the upgrade menu, freeze scrap buy all the upgrades you can and then unfreeze scrap and press "undo"! Now you have metric-buttloads of scrap!

I have investigated the crash issues, I cannot replicate the crash. Could you provide more information (are you using steam? GoG? etc.)
I... I think I just broke the game...