With this, you can unlock any or all ships and achievements in your user profile, or tweak most aspects of saved games: crew, fires, breaches, stores, etc.
- FTL 1.5.4-1.6.3 profiles are fully editable. (ae_prof.sav)
- FTL 1.01-1.03.3 profiles are fully editable. (prof.sav)
- FTL 1.5.4-1.6.3 saved games are partially editable.
- FTL 1.01-1.03.3 saved games are fully editable.
Many values in Advanced Edition have not been deciphered (they're labeled with greek letters and question marks). If you see one and recognize its meaning, post here with your suggestion! Diehard researchers may even compare dumps of backups over time with WinMerge to highlight changes that coincide with events in-game.
ALL PROFILES ARE FULLY EDITABLE
AE SAVED GAMES (SINCE FTL 1.5.4) ARE PARTIALLY EDITABLE
Version 27 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 26 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 25 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 24 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 23 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 22 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 21 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 20 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 18 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux] (Very stable, from before AE-related bugs: for FTL 1.03.3 and earlier)
Uncompiled source is available at GitHub.
I can accept PayPal donations here, if you feel inclined.
That would be fantastic.
- Exit FTL. The game must NOT be running. (It can be at the Main Menu if you're careful.)
- Double-click FTLProfileEditor.exe (Windows).
Or FTLProfileEditor.command (Mac/Linux).
- On the first run, you may be prompted to locate your FTL data file. This is called "data.dat" in the "resources" directory under your FTL install. In most cases, this should be located automatically.
- Switch to the appropriate tab: "Profile" or "Saved Game".
- Open a profile (ae_prof.sav / prof.sav) or saved game (continue.sav).
- Make any desired changes.
- Save, and close the editor.
- Fire up FTL and try out your new ship.
- Link: Java (1.6 or higher).
- Link: FTL (1.01-1.03.1 or 1.5.4-1.6.3, Windows/OSX/Linux, Steam/GOG/Standalone).
- WinXP SP1 can't run Java 1.7.
(1.7 was built with VisualStudio 2010, causing a DecodePointer error.)
To get 1.6, you may have to google "jdk-6u45-windows-i586.exe".
On Windows, "FTLProfileEditor_debug.bat" will show you the logs and offer to fix interface glitches.
If you have other problems, check the readme's troubleshooting section.
If all else fails, try asking on this thread.
- - -
Originally ComaToes had written a profile editor. I added saved game editing and started this new thread to continue managing the project. Here's a link to the previous thread.