Because We May - Indiegame Sale

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
Justin
Site Admin

Because We May - Indiegame Sale

Postby Justin » Wed May 30, 2012 12:58 am

If you follow gaming news you probably saw it somewhere but there's a small event where indigame developers put their game on sale for a few weeks. Tons of games are on sale so its a great time to pick up an interesting game you missed:

http://www.becausewemay.com/
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Warbird

Re: Because We May - Indiegame Sale

Postby Warbird » Wed May 30, 2012 2:17 am

That's quite a few games. Any recommendations?
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Wed May 30, 2012 2:28 am

World of goo and binding of Isac are great
burningmercury

Postby burningmercury » Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 am

i can safely say that darwinia is awesome! as is most of introversion's stuff
Dahn

Postby Dahn » Thu May 31, 2012 6:57 am

As has already been said World of Goo, Binding of Issac and Introversion's anything are all good :-)

Also, Frozen Synapse is a great turn based strat game. Play by mail option is superb too!

Rochard is a cool platform puzzler where you have control of gravity on space stations.

Unepic seems to be a really good RPG so far, haven't got too far in it yet (Damn life gets in the way LOL) but so far it's good and they are using a sharware style to sell. You can play so far, then buy the rest.

SnuggleTruck is good for $2.49, not a game to play for hours, but good for a play now and then.

Super Meat Boy..... Need I say more? LOL Terrifically addictive platformer, lots of secrets and unlockable characters and every time you die, you know it's your own fault. Too damn good to ignore. (But try using a controller to play rather than keyboard... I found it to be far better way of playing)

Anomaly Warzone Earth is a reverse Tower Defense style game where you are the creeps. Good so far, but not a great distance into the game yet.

Dungeons of Dreadmor I'd recommend to absolutely anyone who has even a little patience to play a turn based game. Very, very fun, lots of references to almost everything (Love the mobs shouting Fus Ro Dah! as they attack LOL) and huge amount of replayablity.

Capsized is a platformer that gives a wide variety of different movement styles to get around. Jetpacks, grappling Hooks and more.

Dungeon Defenders is a great 3rd person Tower Defense game that is made to be played with friends co-op. You can have up to 6 players on some maps now and there are a variety for toons to use with persistant leveling and equipment to tune and collect. Very good game indeed.

These are just my opinions, you may find that you disagree or not as you wish ;-)
But these are the ones that I have played and really enjoyed from the Because We May selection. I have quite a few more of them that I haven't gotten around to trying out yet and I'm looking at Vessel at the moment as that seems quite intriguing to me.

Anyway, I hope that some of my rambling may be of help to you!
Flatty

Postby Flatty » Thu May 31, 2012 1:47 pm

i have to agree with that list there my personal fav is Frozen Synapse
burningmercury

Postby burningmercury » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 pm

also frozen synapse just got its red DLC bringing in co op and other fun