DoomRL

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
Warbird

DoomRL

Postby Warbird » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 am

If you're here, you must like Rougelikes in some form of fashion. So there's a good chance that you might enjoy playing a Rougelike conversion of Doom. Yes, that Doom. It features a kicking soundtrack, some lovingly made 2d graphics, and an action based game format (meaning you have to manually reaload your weapons and keep moving). Did I mention it's free? Go give it a try, I highly recommend it.

http://doom.chaosforge.org/
Justin
Site Admin

Re: DoomRL

Postby Justin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 am

It's not as randomized as I would have liked, but I did put a number of hours into this game. Quite fun. It made me want to make a "doom FPS roguelike". Like lying-in-bed-designing-all-of-the-weapons-kinda "want". No time, no time...
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 am

Sooooooo......... Kickstart that sucker come September?
CaptainQuirk

Postby CaptainQuirk » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:41 am

Justin wrote:It's not as randomized as I would have liked, but I did put a number of hours into this game. Quite fun.

Love this game but yeah, wish there were more levels in between the 'Red stairs' so that you could get better geared. I found that too often on higher difficulties it was just 100% impossible to get through because you weren't levelled enough or just couldn't find good enough gear before tackling levels like The Wall, which are must-do levels IMO.

Beat it on the lowest and second lowest difficulties, which is a lot harder than it sounds to anyone who hasn't played it, lol.
Humour, reviews and rants courtesy of The Robot Overlords all at Robots Building Robots!