Fluxation - Tower Defence Game

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
AJTilley

Fluxation - Tower Defence Game

Postby AJTilley » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey all, I am developing my own space shooter, roguelike text adventuring game and have just launched a proof of concept alpha demo in html5 for people to play test the game.

Anyway please please take a look, I am a long way from looking for backing for the project yet and would love any suggestions anyone cares to make (constructive ones that is) as I develop the alpha version of the game further.

Click the image to play the game in html5 now.

The game currently is using free open source artwork as place holder graphics but they will be replaced with custom animated art as I develop the game further.

How to play: mouse click does everything, spend research to activate turret placement buttons, then click a turret to randomily place one. Waves are randomily selected and your choices effect the game and what happens. This test version gives you a lot of resources to play around with. If you exceed 10,000 points a boss wave will appear which cannot be defeated to end the game. At present there are about 6 or 7 waves to appear but more will be added over time along with tutorials in game, more abilities and global leaderboards.

you can visit my website for updates here http://www.tilleydesign.co.uk and as i said suggestions and constructive feedback are very much wanted.

thanks.

(P.s. FTL is awesome, cannot wait to play it in beta)
Stelly

Re: Fluxation - Tower Defence Game

Postby Stelly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:11 am

Hey,

I'm liking it alot, nicely done there, I'm sure that you being such a early html 5 adopter that its flustrating at times with broswer support being not as good as it could be :)

Stelly
AJTilley

Postby AJTilley » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 am

Hi, thanks for the feedback and yes you are right, at times it can be frustrating. Sometimes there are things I want to do that dont seem possible. However in other ways its also cool, the possibilities for html5 keep growing and growing. So sometimes during development of a game half way through something becomes possible or easier as the support for it increases in the browsers.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 am

I cannot seeem to place the items from the bottom right rows? are those supposed to be walls or something?

What does it mean when buttons are red instead of green? I assume that I can't place them for some reason but why? I can't tell which resource is missing? :?

It seems I'm unable to move the spinning flame wave turret, is that intended?

Any chance there is a manuall around that I've missed? or some "how to play option"?
AJTilley

Postby AJTilley » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:26 pm

hi the game is a proof of concept that I am stil developing so no manual yet.. but ill try to give you some answers:

1) the initial buttons at the bottom are research buttons, the number on the buttons is the amount of research needed (this is shown next to the little beaker button in the planet.

2) The bottom right rows are special abilities not turrets, one gives you an extra energy, another shield, 2 of them are super bombs and one adds to the multiplyer.

3) The turret buttons on the left and top right when they are red it means you dont have enough money to place them, when they are green as long as you have some energy (lighning bolt icon resource in the planet) you can place turrets. If they are red you have to wait till you have enough coins (coin resource icon on planet)

All the turrets can be moved except the spinning flame towers, they were too poweful if you can move them.

The next version of the game will have a how to option and game guide points when you start a new level, plus new enemy waves and enemy types. Any questions keep them coming. Updates are coming :)