A suggestion

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.

Moderator: isla

Josep

A suggestion

Postby Josep » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:18 am

Hello all,
I've been playing this game for the last 2 months. I'm greatly addicted to it. I just read an article about environmental impacts of waste disposal and thought that it would be great if we could add some more features in this game. Something like collecting the wastes and recycling them while being pursued by a large rebel fleet. I'm saying this because I've played many recycling games during my childhood which were really interesting. So I thought that this game could become more interesting with more features like this. What are your opinions??
stylesrj

Re: A suggestion

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:23 am

Sounds like an idea for a mod, although I don't think there would be a lot of people who'd want to create it.
But ideas on how it could be done might be that a few events could be altered to be more environmentally friendly or you have an augment which allows you to recycle waste and get extra Scrap at idle beacons.

I'm not good at modding events and stuff though. Just slapping together ships and weapons. Hmmm... a gun that shoots recycled waste at the enemy. It'd be just a reskinned Flak but hilarious.
mr_easy_money

Re: A suggestion

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 am

I'm not sure how such a mod would flesh out but if you're serious about it post a topic in mod development and I might have some ideas to "throw away" in there :P

it would be interesting though if your ship looked like a waste disposal truck except as a ship and had a weapon that "recycled" the enemy ship, would be a missile/bomb weapon. even a "reskinned Flak" sounds like a good idea as styles suggested. I have a trash can ships pack, and I've been wanting to add a recycling bin to it, I just haven't found a good image. guess I'll have to go about designing one myself...