Obligatory Diablo III Thread

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
Samson

Obligatory Diablo III Thread

Postby Samson » Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I figured I'd just toss the question out there. Is anyone else giddy about getting Diablo III finally up and running? Are you getting it today, going to wait or already playing?

Personally, I'm waiting for the postman to deliver my copy. Waiting for a truck that you have no idea when it's going to show is like your own personal hell.
Stelly

Re: Obligatory Diablo III Thread

Postby Stelly » Tue May 15, 2012 2:09 pm

What is Diablo III?? :D

Stelly
Samson

Postby Samson » Tue May 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Har Har Har, you're so funny Stelly...
dicesquirrel

Postby dicesquirrel » Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Played the beta weekend, snoooooooooozefest. Always having to be logged into a server, which can suddenly kick you off for no reason is really great too.

Blizzard jumped the shark a long time ago.
dicesquirrel

Postby dicesquirrel » Tue May 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Maybe if it wasn't $60.
Stelly

Postby Stelly » Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 pm

dicesquirrel wrote:Maybe if it wasn't $60.

Thats my annoyance with the game as well, bloody 60 notes is silly money, and the price will never go down cause its Blizzard!

Stelly
dicesquirrel

Postby dicesquirrel » Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 pm

And considering there's an avalanche of aRPGs about to be released...
Samson

Postby Samson » Tue May 15, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm alright spending $60 every once an a while for a game. I would only do that for something I'd really want or know I'd enjoy. I don't particularly like the thought of a real money auction house but everything else I pretty much can deal with. Persistant online connection is not really a bother considering the miriad of games I play on Steam and multiplayer. I don't have a laptop for gaming so my computer is always has a physical line running to it. I will rarely (if ever) be without net access.

I am aware Torchlight 2 is coming out soon but the only reason I really liked it was because it felt like Diablo. While I may not like every decision they make with their games, Blizzard rarely dissapoints.
Last edited by Samson on Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qhesz

Postby Qhesz » Wed May 16, 2012 6:23 am

Persistent online connection for a single-player game is part of the deal breaker for me. It adds nothing to the game, all it means is there's another thing that can (and will regularly) ruin the experience for me. It's blatant DRM by blizzard, and I feel they're jeopardising my experience purely for their monetary gain. I'd rather be treated like a respected user than a cash cow.

As for the actual game, I haven't played it and probably won't, but I hear the opinion (probably 'cause I cruise the Grim Dawn forums occasionally :P) that Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn will be better spiritual successors to D2 than D3 is.
Dahn

Postby Dahn » Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 am

Finding out about that in the Auction house that Bliz are taking a cut from each sale, that you have to be online for single player (I mean, really? WTF?) and that every click of the mouse is relayed through Blizzard's servers means that a moment of net lag can totally screw you over. All these things were enough to cool my interest in D3.

At the mo I'm in the Beta for Path of Exile which is really good (And free!), and I've donated to Grim Dawn and preordered Torchlight 2... I'm not going to miss D3 at all. It's just a shame that Blizzard have lost sight of their customers wishes so completely as I loved Diablo since the first day of the Diablo 1 demo.

Blizzard have lost another customer in me.

I hope that you folks out there that have bought D3 arn't having all the problems that have plagued the launch.