How to screen record

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.

Moderator: isla

Stormbringer

How to screen record

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 29, 2016 10:41 am

does anyone have or know any good apps to record screen?
stylesrj

Re: How to screen record

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 29, 2016 11:52 am

Stormbringer wrote:does anyone have or know any good apps to record screen?

I use FRAPS but that costs money if you want to remove the watermark and have more recording options. It also uses up a lot of space. Like 20 GB for an hour-long video (and this is on half-size screen and 30 frames). So you gotta convert it via Windows Movie Maker or something if you want to make it Youtube worthy or not destroy your computer.

Open Broadcast Software might be a good choice though. It's free and can record screens, not just games.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 29, 2016 11:54 am

stylesrj wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:does anyone have or know any good apps to record screen?

I use FRAPS but that costs money if you want to remove the watermark and have more recording options. It also uses up a lot of space. Like 20 GB for an hour-long video (and this is on half-size screen and 30 frames). So you gotta convert it via Windows Movie Maker or something if you want to make it Youtube worthy or not destroy your computer.

Open Broadcast Software might be a good choice though. It's free and can record screens, not just games.

Wow... Styles... do you just like helping or do you like helping noobs who just entered the modding community? You've helped me the most in my short FTL forum life.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 29, 2016 12:20 pm

It's mostly a combination of being bored, seeing green text everywhere and well yeah I like helping.
I had to find out a lot of FTL stuff through experience and looking at other people's work.
I'm fast-tracking you :P
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 30, 2016 7:46 am

stylesrj wrote:It's mostly a combination of being bored, seeing green text everywhere and well yeah I like helping.
I had to find out a lot of FTL stuff through experience and looking at other people's work.
I'm fast-tracking you :P

kk
jeffcard

Postby jeffcard » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:45 am

I always use acethinker screen recorder to record my computer screen, works like a charm. It's a web-based application, you don't have to download or install anything. And it's totally free. Hope it helps.
http://acethinker.com/free-screen-recorder/
Last edited by jeffcard on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Open Broadcaster Software, it's free, however, it is somewhat laggy for some games.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, join https://discord.gg/nCMDFQA and send a PM to Kaiser Salty von Saltenburg.

Mod hub for some of my old mods here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
VernaShield

Postby VernaShield » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 am