LEGO FTL on PleyWorld.com

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
CrashSanders

LEGO FTL on PleyWorld.com

Postby CrashSanders » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:44 am

Hey guys!

Some of you folks might remember me, back in the day, I ran a campaign on LEGO CUUSOO site in an attempt to make my FTL Designs an official LEGO set.

Unfortunately, despite reaching the required 10.000 votes, Lego denied the project while picking from a number of competitors.

But I have not abandoned the hope of having my designs sold as LEGO sets!
And now, I am posting them separately on something called the PleyWorld.

"Hey Crash, are you gonna make us vote again?" you'll ask. That's right!
"Wait a second! Is it another gamble, just like Lego CUUSOO campaign was?" you might ask. No, it's not!

You see, there's that site, http://www.pleyworld.com. It's a MOC (My Own Creation) rental service. What that means? It means that they will rent my design and will sell it, giving you opportunity to throw some money at me for my FTL ships made in LEGO!

But before they will do that, they need my design to gather 5000 votes. It's a long road, but in the end there's no uncertainty! They promise that they'll rent my design if I will get to 5k. They are even going to do the instructions themselves!
So it's got much better chance than LEGO CUUSOO stuff!

The Kestrel and Mantis Cruiser are already there and waiting for your votes!
Click - Kestrel
Click - Mantis
Click - Osprey
Click - Stealth

And the rest on it's way! So please, vote for my designs, spread the word! Let's do it, for real now!
Last edited by CrashSanders on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CrashSanders

Re: LEGO FTL on PleyWorld.com

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Hey guys, the Federation Cruiser is up, waiting for your votes: https://www.pleyworld.com/design/%7BFTL ... ruiser/711!
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 pm

I still don't understand where is the holder for the Vindicator beam
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:42 pm

There's no weapons planned for those models.
Why, you might ask? Because the scale doesn't allow for a well-looking, distinct weaponry attached to the models.
Another reason is, the supposed "sets" do not include any enemy ships, so there's an absence of conflict that could justify presence of weaponry.
For the same reason there's no Osprey's superlaser.

The format I took is more for standing on the shelf rather than active play.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:20 am

after doing all the player ships could some 'Enemy' ships be modelled and done? ^^;

I mean... with player ships, we got cruisers of all races and factions minus the rebels...
"enemy ships" will be bombers, riggers, scouts, fighters, interceptors, etc of those races... could make a full fleet with those sets.

Edit: Also... follow up question: any ideas on doing ships that were cut from FTL or the background cruisers in the last stand?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:27 am

R4V3-0N wrote:after doing all the player ships could some 'Enemy' ships be modelled and done? ^^;

I mean... with player ships, we got cruisers of all races and factions minus the rebels...
"enemy ships" will be bombers, riggers, scouts, fighters, interceptors, etc of those races... could make a full fleet with those sets.

Edit: Also... follow up question: any ideas on doing ships that were cut from FTL or the background cruisers in the last stand?

Some of non-playable ships do exist as models, but I do not plan on putting them on PleyWorld.

Also, make no mistake, almost all playable ships are done as models, I just post them gradually.

Answer to your follow-up question: No.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 am

Well, can we see images of the other sets here? not exactly upload them all at once. (I have seen your earlier work and am amazed but I know/ assume you got a few extra sense then ie non=player ships0
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 pm

@Raven, all the FTL models I made are on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyborgs_w ... 2563458491
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:19 pm

The Stealth Ship is now live!