Boss stage 2

General discussion about the game.
FDru

Re: Boss stage 2

Postby FDru » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 am

UltraMantis wrote:Well i haven't paid attention to that. I know they won't decloak instantly but dunno if the cloak runs out any faster.

No ship decloaks instantly when firing from stealth, they all lose the same amount of time for each non-beam weapon fired (which can decloak instantly if there's not enough time left). The Stealth ships aren't exempt from this, sadly.
nikto

Postby nikto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 am

Ion bomb is very, very useful against boss ship's drone control room. As well as good firepower.
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:15 pm

A defence Drone MK 2 is very useful , because it kill all boarding drones of the flagship.
MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLYHELL YEAH!
This text is presented by Google translate , my english skill and german. :D
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Def Drone 1 is more reliable as it does not get distracted by shooting down lasers.
ExtraCheesyPie

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Well i haven't paid attention to that. I know they won't decloak instantly but dunno if the cloak runs out any faster.

Yeah, stealth cruise has the same restrictions, which kinda sucks.
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:21 pm

jamotide wrote:Def Drone 1 is more reliable as it does not get distracted by shooting down lasers.

the Defence Drone MK1 don't shoot at the Boarding drone .
BKT

Postby BKT » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Both Mk1 & 2 do... And both of them suck at it. :lol:

I'm fairly sure that boarding drone and many missiles and maybe some other, have a hidden evade chance to them. This allow them to 'evade' defense drone's shot— Here's a vid of Breach missile 'evade' my Def MK2 laser shot. (listen for the 'miss' sound fx when the 2 collide)

The higher 'grade' missile seem to be able to do this more often than the lower grade one; there this 1 battle that I got hit by Breach 4 time in a row while Def MK1 is running. It pissed me off so much! :x

I also have a feeling that this happen more often in nebula... Which kinda make sense in a way if you think about it. :|

Maybe it was just my imagination, but I have a feeling that def drone seem to work better on some ship then the other; probably have something to do with the size of the ship... :geek:
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 am

Well I got a def Drone MK2 and it killed all Boarding Drones .In the next run I got only a def Drone MK1 and it did nothing. :?
BKT

Postby BKT » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:39 am

Here's a vid of it in action. It shot 2 of them down, but the 3rd one slipped through.

The Mk2 can also fail in the same manner (boarding drone seem to be able to 'evade' the laser shot and hence not 100% success rate even if the drone and the laser did collide— it can still slipped through sometime), hence my opinion; both of them sucks for the job, still better than nothing though! :mrgreen:
spacecadet13

Postby spacecadet13 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:03 am

Both Drones can and do miss, the D II less often. Against the boss, the D II can ignore the missles and boarding drones in favour of shooting the lasers and ions, which your shields will take of...while the more basic D Drone I is actually more reliable at shooting missles and boarding drones because it doesn't get distracted by lasers etc....Exception is when missles and a boarding drone are inbound at the same time, when it will often shoot neither 'cause it can't "make its mind up" which to target.