The Vortex - EASY level

General discussion about the game.
Osito

The Vortex - EASY level

Postby Osito » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Can't get past sector 2. About six tries now, and something always comes along and blows me up before I can upgrade.

Incompetence?
Osito

Re: The Vortex - EASY level

Postby Osito » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Hate to reply to my own post, but just done an easy level #7, and the first jump I get 3 aliens teleport to attack my ship. This game hates me. Or I tortured puppies in a past life. Or something.

Edit: Score 20. I'm surprised there wasn't a "You suck!" post script.
Milkshake

Postby Milkshake » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Pretty much all my runs with this ship were crap.
Except for one, got to sector 8 and managed to beat the boss (on easy) with it.
Got a lot of crew in the first sector and ended up with some nice weapons and two defence drones both I and II, a cloak and 8 crew.
But yes, overall, not that good of a ship...
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Yes.
roguerpi

Postby roguerpi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Obviously if an enemy teleports onboard on your first hop you're going to be in trouble, but I didn't have THAT much trouble with boarders in the Vortex when I played it...?

Important to get the first level Blast Doors as soon as is reasonable. The ability to basically vent the whole interior of the ship to space means you can in fact do just that... leave all the doors open for some fresh air! :lol:

Make your jumps, with almost no oxygen in the ship... all you need is your pilot, after all. See how that works! I've not tried it, though.

But yeah, when I DO get a boarding party, I just vent their section... and try to wait a little bit before sending in my combat drone.