Suggestion: Crew AI Change

General discussion about the game.
Spleenling

Suggestion: Crew AI Change

Postby Spleenling » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Decided to try using the Vortex and discovered what I'm assuming is an over sight by the dev team but crew members will run though depressurized sections of the ship if its the shorter path regardless of whether or not there is a safe path.
UltraMantis

Re: Suggestion: Crew AI Change

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 am

This happens with every ship. Crew will also ignore fires or invaders.

The only way to advoid unneccesary harm is to manually lead your crew to a room from which autopathing will not use dangerous rooms.

EDIT - Is thre a specific problem with the Vortex?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 am

So, should a Starcraft 2 marine automatic take a "safe path" instead of take shortest path to where you click?
Get to the point, you are just lazy to micro it.
Some people even request "enter room priority" such as if the room has boarder, then best fighting power will enter it first, or if it has hull breach then best repair will enter it first.

I presume such players usually just "highlight" their whole ship crew and click on the room hope the game system will sort this out.

Implementing your suggestion will cause more problem, I would prefer the gamer mind has a clear plan what they want their crew do.

Nay, thumb down
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 am

Nah, it would make it more convenient if the game autosuggested what the player would do themeself 99% of the time. And it isn't just convenience, it feels really bad when you lose a wounded crewmember because they took a walk thru an airless room while you were busy fighting elsewhere.

That said, i don't know if it will ever happen and doesn't seem like high priority. It would be nice.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 am

What's more annoying to me is when the crew doesn't take the shortest path when it can (and does, on the way back).
azelea

Postby azelea » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:49 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Nah, it would make it more convenient if the game autosuggested what the player would do themeself 99% of the time. And it isn't just convenience, it feels really bad when you lose a wounded crewmember because they took a walk thru an airless room while you were busy fighting elsewhere.

That said, i don't know if it will ever happen and doesn't seem like high priority. It would be nice.

Yeah that's what microsoft word the cliparty thing does too. Problem is, that 1% of the time, it's really fucking annoying.