Suggestion: Boarding Party Event Compensation

General discussion about the game.
OnyxShadow

Suggestion: Boarding Party Event Compensation

Postby OnyxShadow » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 pm

I watched dozens if not close to 100 hours of this game being streamed before finally buying it. Its just so much fun and never gets old.

One thing that's bugged me for a while now is while for most events there is some potential upside, there is no such possibility for boarding events. It would be a big improvement IMO if for these events where your ship was boarded you could come away with an extra crew member, a drone schematic, or some other reward.

What does everyone else think?
Nimbostratus

Re: Suggestion: Boarding Party Event Compensation

Postby Nimbostratus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 pm

I think that would be great, especially because an early-game boarding can kill your chances at victory... or just plain kill you. There should be a nice reward for surviving that.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:55 pm

There are also events that allways reward you without risk of penalty, so it evens out. Certainly not a bad idea.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Mataza

Postby Mataza » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 am

I agree that boarding events should be changed.
They´re plain boring, running your crew around fighting them in turns, running to medbay or if only 3 crewmembers just drain the whole ship except medbay of oxygen and fight there. Nothing interesting about a pure boarding event.
Farlark

Postby Farlark » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 am

^ What Mataza said.

The danger of boarding party events is negligible, making them ever-so-slightly tedious. I personally wouldn't mind if they were removed (or buffed).
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 am

The boarding event is annoying, because I get nothing and they never kill me. :x
If I get something , it won´t be annoying.
MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLYHELL YEAH!
This text is presented by Google translate , my english skill and german. :D
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Would all of you nay sayers prefer an event with absolutely nothing in it to replace those??
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Worthless event my ass... yesterday night i got massacred by four Mantis. Truth is the event followed a battle that i had to escape from so i already had wounded people and opening airlocks was not really a convenient way to tackle them.

They killed my Mantis security and Rock pilot, both at full HP. Human shield operator died next after getting some tratment. Zoltan engineer also killed because i had to throw something against them to prevent the whole crew dying. In the end i had only a Hunam gunner/repair master, Rock apprentice pilot and another Human, formerly security, now newb engineer.

Holy crap, i went from a crew of 7 (2 Rock, Mantis, Zoltan and 3 Humans), down to 3! :? That's in addition to the invaders ripping apart the Drone Control, O2, Cloak, Door Control, Weapons and eventually even the MedBay.

Nice damage, eh? :roll:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Farlark

Postby Farlark » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm

EdenNov wrote:Would all of you nay sayers prefer an event with absolutely nothing in it to replace those??

I don't consider myself a naysayer, but an empty sector would often be less of a hassle. A more dangerous/interesting event (plus rewards) would be even better.
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:18 pm

I think it adds variety. I was only suggesting the empty event as a substitute to get you guys to see that the game would be more boring without those boarding events...
Besides that, it COULD be bad (take UltraMantis' case for example) and also, I could argue that the reward is fighting experience.