Suggestion about Future Suggestions

General discussion about the game.
Limiate

Suggestion about Future Suggestions

Postby Limiate » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello fello FTLers,

I expect we'll start to see a number of suggestion threads in the forums soon. I've always thought that community suggestions are awesome and that it's a great tool for devs to see what features their players are looking for. Kind of like a community brainstorm. I imagine the FTL community will grow, especially once the beta goes live and suggestions for mechanics and features will probably start to flood in. It probably will warrant having a child forum.

Inside that forum, a sticky thread defining the scope of what will be in the game, would make it easy to label ideas. Here are some quick examples:

So as a scenario:

ForumUser: I think we should have a planet where we can land the ship and start our own space colony.

Limiate: Sorry ForumUser, per the FTL blog post, indicating that the game is focused on ship activities located here X, this idea is not currently feasible.

This may seem silly now but this game (in my opinion) is going to be a HUGE hit and the community is going to explode. Getting processes like this set up, so that the FTL team can come in and browse ideas easily, will make the great ideas that the community is behind, bubble to the top more easily.
looptop

Re: Suggestion about Future Suggestions

Postby looptop » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 pm

I like it! No matter what the devs decide to do I look forward to contributing :D
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Not a bad idea. You're right though, it seems likely that a good portion of discussion will involve suggestions for the game. Creating a well organized method for discussion will be a necessity. However, we'll probably wait until the beta is underway before we formalize it (making subforums etc.) Suggestions for changes will be more meaningful once people have access to the game. :)
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Stelly

Postby Stelly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes great idea, being able to clarify where forum suggested feature fall and if they might be implemented is great :D

Stelly
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Pretty icons that everyone can understand in an instant? Me likey!
Picogiant

Postby Picogiant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Can I make a suggestion about your Suggestion about Future Suggestions?

I'd like to suggest your suggestion is a good one. :D
Iceciro

Postby Iceciro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm

I love it. Simplicity and function.
DO IT.
irongamer

Postby irongamer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:31 pm

I like the simple icon idea. Quick and gets the point across.
CanadianWolvie

Postby CanadianWolvie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I would like to echo that the Original Post is fantastic and I agree with it. Nice icons :D Are they umm, available for use under the creative commons license?