Buying/preordering the game?

General discussion about the game.
obsidian_razor

Buying/preordering the game?

Postby obsidian_razor » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately for me, I missed the kickstarter, saw it way after it was close. However, from pics, comments, videos, etc... I really want this game!

I've notice that it says it will have a september release... but is it possible to preorder it now? Maybe get access to the beta if you preorder?

I haven't found anything so I imagine no, but never hurts asking!
Paul

Re: Buying/preordering the game?

Postby Paul » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 am

Sorry, I'm fairly sure that there's no way to obtain either pre-order or beta access at this point. I pre-ordered the game at kickstarter level, but didn't have enough for the beta, and I have no access to it; however, the release date was aug/september, so not too long to wait!

Like you said, though, no harm in asking!
icepick

Postby icepick » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Here's hoping the wait isn't more than 3 weeks away.
Master1742

Postby Master1742 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

obsidian_razor wrote:Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately for me, I missed the kickstarter, saw it way after it was close. However, from pics, comments, videos, etc... I really want this game!

I've notice that it says it will have a september release... but is it possible to preorder it now? Maybe get access to the beta if you preorder?

I haven't found anything so I imagine no, but never hurts asking!

I agree with you, I would gladly pay like 20$ (double the price of estimated cost for game) to get access+preorder I would love to support this company further!
icepick

Postby icepick » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 pm

They aren't doing the paid beta access thing because of the kickstarter rewards. They promised an exclusive beta and are delivering one.

I for one applaud them on this. Kinda wishing I had dropped the extra cash for the extra rewards now, though! :)
Master1742

Postby Master1742 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

icepick wrote:They aren't doing the paid beta access thing because of the kickstarter rewards. They promised an exclusive beta and are delivering one.

I for one applaud them on this. Kinda wishing I had dropped the extra cash for the extra rewards now, though! :)

Yes I like a company for keeping its word, I am torn between wanting the beta so bad, but then again tears of joy for such a amazing people coming out with a good game with high tech stuff mixed with old style I looooove it...
Master1742

Postby Master1742 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm

What about opening preorders on steam? (not playable preoders XD) will that be maybe 1 week before launch? thats usualy how most of the things go on steam... would be really neato :D and I dont need beta to be happy XD. :D
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Master1742 wrote:What about opening preorders on steam? (not playable preoders XD) will that be maybe 1 week before launch? thats usualy how most of the things go on steam... would be really neato :D and I dont need beta to be happy XD. :D

Apparently steam in that case wants to put a 10% discount (or how ever big it is) on the game for the duration of the preorder, which would mean people preordering through steam would get it cheaper then the people that paid during kickstarter. :(
Which Matthew and Justin doesn't think is fair.
CaptainQuirk

Postby CaptainQuirk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:58 am

I'm going to buy it from the website anyway because I think I read somewhere that the guys get more of the cash if we buy it that way. I am happy to give them extra, even pay a few dollars more, because this game looks so good and I have really enjoyed being a part of these forums and seeing the team interact with their fans.

I've been on Blizzards forums a lot lately, over Diablo 3, and it's sad to see such a cool company going down the drain fan base wise. They might be a huge company now, but they've lost that 'Gamer' spark and are becoming just another corporation that churns out video games (albeit mostly good ones). So refreshing to find a game like this where Justin and Matt and the rest of the crew talk and joke and interact with us.

I really wish I had been in the kickstarter but I didn't even find out about FTL until after it was finished. I'd love for some sort of demo or trial, but I am happy enough to just drool on my keyboard over Caboose and Dew's Twitch feeds until the game is released. I will freely admit that it has been a long time since I have anticipated a game this much. Normally I avoid every scrap of info so as not to 'spoil' the game, but FTL is so good to me that I feel compelled to come back and check for info every day... hell... sometimes every hour. :lol:
Humour, reviews and rants courtesy of The Robot Overlords all at Robots Building Robots!
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:08 am

CaptainQuirk wrote:I'd love for some sort of demo or trial, but I am happy enough to just drool on my keyboard over Caboose and Dew's Twitch feeds until the game is released. I will freely admit that it has been a long time since I have anticipated a game this much. Normally I avoid every scrap of info so as not to 'spoil' the game, but FTL is so good to me that I feel compelled to come back and check for info every day...

Amen to that.

I feel lucky I got to play the onlive demo. It was great! :D