[Suggestion] Boarding drone Tweak

General discussion about the game.
Straykiller

[Suggestion] Boarding drone Tweak

Postby Straykiller » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:42 pm

I think that the boarding drone should have an option to self destruct. it doesn't have to damage nearby enemies (it could if you want) i just find it annoying when i send over a boarding drone on the boos fight and it lands in one of the upper weapon rooms that are not connected to the rest of the ship. once it kills the person in the room and destroys the system it just sits there the rest of the mach and there is no way to launch another one. You could even make it cost an extra drone part to have the bot self destruct but at least that way we wont have that problem.
Gorlom

Re: [Suggestion] Boarding drone Tweak

Postby Gorlom » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Hahaha that is the rooms I WANT to hit when i send boarding drones to the boss :p
Straykiller

Postby Straykiller » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Gorlom wrote:Hahaha that is the rooms I WANT to hit when i send boarding drones to the boss :p

i usually take those out by teleporting my crew over and use the boarding drones to fight the main crew and kill them off. it's not a bad thing that they can hit those rooms i just think there should be an option to

A: severe the link permanently to the drone so a new one can be launched or
B: allow it to self destruct so a new one can be launched

That way it isn't stuck in that room during the fight doing nothing.
Lambchops

Postby Lambchops » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:37 pm

I can't remember (because I haven't had the boarding drone system that often) but isn't it possible to right click to disable a boarding drone as with any other drone? If it's the case that the drone reactivates on repowering rather than a new one being launched then feel free to ignore this, I'm not sure I've ever been in that scenario so I don't know what happens!
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm pretty sure it re-powers. I've had a boarding drone active and then gotten my "drone node" hit de-powering my drone. when i repaired and put energy back into the room the almost dead drone became active again rather then sending a new drone.
Straykiller

Postby Straykiller » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:36 am

Gorlom wrote:I'm pretty sure it re-powers. I've had a boarding drone active and then gotten my "drone node" hit de-powering my drone. when i repaired and put energy back into the room the almost dead drone became active again rather then sending a new drone.

it does re-power, i tried to switch it off and turning back on but it just reactivates the old one
Al_Ka_Pwn

Postby Al_Ka_Pwn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:42 am

It seems like a better solution would be to make the drone move around the ship like the ones that AI launches do.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:37 am

My drone moves around the ship. But it stops at systems to destroy them before moving on.

And that doesn't solve the problem OP has when the boarding drone lands in a room without doors.
Raverbasher

Postby Raverbasher » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 am

Or the drones could be tweaked so that players can target where they enter the enemy ship? I think that would solve a lot of problems.I avoid using the B. Drones now as the targeting AI causes far too many issues, despite their awesomeness.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Can you teleport a boarding drone back to the ship? Maybe Justin and Matthew could allow players to use the teleporters return function on boarding drones to remove B. drones so they can be relaunched? (Does not need to give you back a drone component)