Update 0.12.8.10 - OS X and Achievements

General discussion about the game.
The New Romance

Re: Update 0.12.8.10 - OS X and Achievements

Postby The New Romance » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey there,

I retroactively earned the 10,000 scrap achievement (I must have played a lot). However, I did not get some of the other achievements that I already managed to do, such as completing the game on Normal or aspyxiating ships (one of my faves). Is this intended? It doesn't seem consistent.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 pm

The New Romance wrote:Hey there,

I retroactively earned the 10,000 scrap achievement (I must have played a lot). However, I did not get some of the other achievements that I already managed to do, such as completing the game on Normal or aspyxiating ships (one of my faves). Is this intended? It doesn't seem consistent.

Most likely the game just wasn't tracking that sort of thing. But I'm fairly certain that the game was tracking your total scrap collection and ships downed in the status screen before this update.
I know WoW had similar issues when they first introduced achievements. There was some that could be awarded retroactively, but some just didn't have any trackers in place to make sure players had done them.

censor wrote:Hello.
I was using the Osprey. Only had the burst laser mk 2 laser. The enemies was launching 2 missiles while I shot a laser volley.

hmm that's a 12 second weapon... Wonder if they added a missile on 6 second cooldown?

TBH I've also started noticing an increase in rate of fire from enemies but it seems more fun tbh. Possibly it's slightly more "fair" for the AI to shoot faster to balance that players get to choose where to aim.
take

Postby take » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

native OSX support = yyeeeeeeeessss!!
Jarmustard

Postby Jarmustard » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 pm

There is one type of missile that can shoot two projectiles in each volley. We didn't make any drastic changes to the firing rates of weapons so there shouldn't be a big change.

And yes, some of the achievement trackers (like scrap total) existed before this update but most did not. You'll have to do them again, sorry.
The New Romance

Postby The New Romance » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 pm

It's totally okay. I suspected as much :) I was just wondering whether it might be a bug. Remains to be seen if I ever manage to beat the boss again on Normal.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Ok, the new interface for being able to exchange augments if you find a new one but already have three is awesome! but I can't seem to find anywhere to scrap it for... well scraps. Wouldn't you be getting scraps for an augment if you already had three before this update? Or was that only when it was an augment you already had? (got an long range scanners augment on my stealth ship earlier and that got scrapped)

Jarmustard: I don't think it's the 2 missiles per volley weapon. There seems to be a full 4-8 seconds between each of the missiles on the short cd missile weapon. If it was the hermes(?) the missiles would be right after each other right?
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Gorlom wrote:Ok, the new interface for being able to exchange augments if you find a new one but already have three is awesome! but I can't seem to find anywhere to scrap it for... well scraps. Wouldn't you be getting scraps for an augment if you already had three before this update? Or was that only when it was an augment you already had? (got an long range scanners augment on my stealth ship earlier and that got scrapped)

Jarmustard: I don't think it's the 2 missiles per volley weapon. There seems to be a full 4-8 seconds between each of the missiles on the short cd missile weapon. If it was the hermes(?) the missiles would be right after each other right?

Gorlom: Correct on the getting scrap for the extra augment (commensurate to 50% of its value), regardless of the type or if it is a duplicate. I would imagine once you decide which augment to scrap, the game would give you the scrap. Check your scrap meter right before you tell the game to get rid of the 4th augment and see if it goes up. (I haven't seen it yet, so I dunno!)
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:01 am

The ability to scrap an augment for 50% on the fly was only temporarily a feature until we could get the current UI up. Similar to weapons & crew, if you're overloaded you receive no compensation when you abandon the extra equipment/person. However you can still sell augments at a store to get 50% back whenever you like.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 am

Darthcaboose: I did think of checking that and as Justin just confirmed it did not go up. (When leaving an augment behind.) However I did get scrap for the augment I already had when there was no benefit to having two of them.. (long range sensors)
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 am

Justin was right about the lack of trackers. I should have been able to retroactively award a victory on normal or easy though if your victory run was in your top 5. I'll remedy that in the next build if you haven't won again by then :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here