Info on the next build!

General discussion about the game.
Justin
Site Admin

Info on the next build!

Postby Justin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am

Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since we had an update so we wanted to let you know where we're standing. We started adding a number of the final features after the last build and decided to get them all working in one big go rather than giving you largely unfinished content. Among lots of other changes, our next update will include:

- The Rock & Zoltan player ships!
- A new unlockable coloring/layout for each player ship!
- 49 Achievements!

Yay, lots 'o stuff!
We should be able to finish this all up and get the new build on Steam before the end of the next week.

Bye for now!
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
veryalien

Re: Info on the next build!

Postby veryalien » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 am

Sounds great.

How are you guys on the balancing front? Is the outlook to make more changes, or keep things mostly as they are?

I'm in the not-happy-about-how-random-the-game-is camp.
goldant

Postby goldant » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:44 am

So excited!! :). Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into making this game the best game ever!! It really is one of a kind.

Any chance we'll get to try out that continue playing mode that comes up when you beat the final boss?
burningmercury

Postby burningmercury » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:54 am

you guys just keep pulling more miracles out of the magic bag, all i can say is thank you for such a great game!
Calvinbah

Postby Calvinbah » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:38 am

Can't wait to play it. Love the design of the rock ships.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 am

When we finally get that continue playing mode, will the unlockables be unavailable in that mode? (I hope so)
kylarus

Postby kylarus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:42 pm

I am looking forward to this! This'll be fun!
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 pm

veryalien wrote:How are you guys on the balancing front? Is the outlook to make more changes, or keep things mostly as they are?

I'm in the not-happy-about-how-random-the-game-is camp.

We'll be trying to balance the game as best as we can still, but the absurd amount of randomness is pretty core to the vision we had for the game. We'll do what we can to smooth it out (we made some changes to easy mode's difficulty curve) but it's probably not possible to please everyone since tastes are different. But I realize that's not much consolation. :/
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Direneed82

Postby Direneed82 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Awesome news! Really looking forward to the new ships <3
jsodren

Postby jsodren » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Personally, I fall into the "YAY for randomness" camp. Part of the fun is getting to a point where you know you have a difficult decision to make and you'll loose if you choose the wrong one/path/weapon ect..