100% Game Completion?

General discussion about the game.
Macil2018
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 pm

100% Game Completion?

Postby Macil2018 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 pm

So, I'm having trouble beating a few of the Achievements on Normal mode (or even in general), and today I stopped to think, does FTL even have some type of reward for having beat every Achievement the game has to offer? Is there any type of reward for slaving away for hours and hours, days and days and weeks upon weeks to get every Achievement? Or is it a bragging rights thing? Is there a purpose to go through all this or am I just tormenting myself? :?
VanguardOfValor
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:24 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:41 pm

If you're looking for a Platinum Trophy kind of deal, then no, there's nothing like that.

You do get to say that that you beat all the challenges FTL has to offer though, so that's something. :P

But yeah, it's more or less just a personal gratification thing. Do it because you want to, not because you want some external reward other than whatever bragging rights it may confer. Also, some of the achievements are currently quite buggy, I believe, so getting all of them might not be the easiest thing.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
UltraMantis
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Like VanguardOfValor said, do it for pleasure rather than torment. There is no 'final' achievement. I have more than a few still to unlock (umm... like the Red Tail for example, please don't laugh. I have the Tough Little Ship, so there...) and trying to maybe get one of these gives me an extra something to aim for while playing.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
FDru
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby FDru » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:If you're looking for a Platinum Trophy kind of deal, then no, there's nothing like that.

You do get to say that that you beat all the challenges FTL has to offer though, so that's something. :P

But yeah, it's more or less just a personal gratification thing. Do it because you want to, not because you want some external reward other than whatever bragging rights it may confer. Also, some of the achievements are currently quite buggy, I believe, so getting all of them might not be the easiest thing.


On the contrary... the bugged achievements are much easier to get than if they weren't bugged.
VanguardOfValor
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:24 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 pm

FDru wrote:
VanguardOfValor wrote:On the contrary... the bugged achievements are much easier to get than if they weren't bugged.


Not all of them. I've done the "No Escape" challenge for the Crystal Cruiser twice now, and it still hasn't awarded.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Number43
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby Number43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:41 am

I haven't had the no escape achievement bug in a way that prevented me from getting it. I got it on easy legitamately with no problems, then later I got it thanks to a bug on normal when I shouldn't have (the room I used lockdown in had only 2 enemies, but 4 of my own crew.
Groudon12321
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby Groudon12321 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm

I think it would be fun if the devs add something where you unlock the federation flagship after getting all of the achievements. :lol:
Macil2018
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby Macil2018 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Groudon12321 wrote:I think it would be fun if the devs add something where you unlock the federation flagship after getting all of the achievements. :lol:


Now THAT would be awesome! haha. Ohhhh, the possibilities. :D

Granted, you'd need a way to get to and from your remote weapons rooms to repair them since the NPC flagship has no access points.
Mataza
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:07 am

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby Mataza » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Macil2018 wrote:
Groudon12321 wrote:I think it would be fun if the devs add something where you unlock the federation flagship after getting all of the achievements. :lol:


Now THAT would be awesome! haha. Ohhhh, the possibilities. :D

Granted, you'd need a way to get to and from your remote weapons rooms to repair them since the NPC flagship has no access points.

The Federation Flagship wouldn´t need to be a copy of the Rebel Flagship.
If it was to be a roflstomp cruiser it would first need 4 weapon slots and 3 drone slots, increased max reactor power and I think having more than 8 crew is not moddable without crashing the game.

The way i imagine it the Flagship wouldn´t be a challenge, more like a joyride through the sectors.
UltraMantis
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: 100% Game Completion?

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 pm

One of the mods lets you stomp the game universe in a death star. That death star.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 50 guests