New Build 0.12.7.9

General discussion about the game.
Matthew
Site Admin

New Build 0.12.7.9

Postby Matthew » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:42 am

Not a particularly exciting update this week. The biggest difference is cosmetic, and I think the new font(s) look great. There were a few particularly annoying bugs introduced by the save feature that were the primary motivation for uploading this build.

Changelog v 0.12.7.9

Features:
-New Fonts: We've added new fonts and changed the way they're being rendered so everything will be more crisp and legible.

Bugs:
-Will always start with proper scrap values for easy/normal in a new game
-Fixed: Boss path would break when you reloaded a saved game, putting him closer to the base
-Can no longer teleport dead crewmembers back from a ship that's in mid-destruction, resulting in a blocked teleporter
-Repair stations in the Last Stand function
-Fixed: Drones that are destroyed could sometimes become permanently powered and not deployed
-No longer receive event text popups during player ship destruction
-Crew roster will properly update if lost during boss fight
-Fixed: Mantis/Rock would sometimes shoot at an incredibly high rate of fire
-Minor event bugs/typos
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Darthcaboose

Re: New Build 0.12.7.9

Postby Darthcaboose » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Fixed: Mantis/Rock would sometimes shoot at an incredibly high rate of fire

Gaah! That explains so much! Like why my crew members would lose 25% of their health just walking into a room with two mantis men.
Gomisan

Postby Gomisan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:00 am

In the boss battle for the new version, is stage 2 meant to be AI controlled? It seems to make 'some' sense story wise as I've already knocked out the ship once, but it is a major change in strategy.

To think, I never even got to kill the boss before, and now the one winning strategy people had talked about has been removed.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Um my steam is telling me Update required but there is no update (already updated)
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 am

"Boss phase 2 is AI controlled?" - Fixed now, sorry.

"Steam says update required?" - Restart it again? Did it get fixed?
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 am

Its wroking again but have found it in downloads complete section twice
Morphix

Postby Morphix » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:37 am

Think I've run into a bug. If you save and quit while your cloaking device is recharging, when you reload it will be be locked and never recharge (and any energy you have sunk into it is lost).
timaeus

Postby timaeus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Morphix wrote:Think I've run into a bug. If you save and quit while your cloaking device is recharging, when you reload it will be be locked and never recharge (and any energy you have sunk into it is lost).

Ouch, painful bug. You should post that on http://getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame, that's where they look first for bug reports.