[Suggestion] Augmentations Can be Put in Cargo Hold

General discussion about the game.
tcolberg

[Suggestion] Augmentations Can be Put in Cargo Hold

Postby tcolberg » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:44 pm

I was just on the Nesaio and jumped into a system that had a Weapons Pre-Igniter floating in it. Because I had added Stealth Weapons on top of the default loadout, the floating augment was converted into scrap. After getting past my facepalm, I thought that we should be able to have some way of choosing what happens when our augmentation slots are full.

Either we should be able to choose which augmentation should be converted to scrap or we should be able to have that extra augmentation added to the cargo hold.

What do you think?
timaeus

Re: [Suggestion] Augmentations Can be Put in Cargo Hold

Postby timaeus » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Agreed. Either option would be good. As it is I usually try to keep my ship with only two augments to leave room for that perfect third augment I happen to stumble across, which is a less-than-ideal situation.
Hoa_Binh

Postby Hoa_Binh » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 am

I agree with this too, something like what we can do for crew.
Blastaple

I have a very big help!

Postby Blastaple » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:32 am

Post deleted and user banned.
Last edited by UltraMantis on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed by moderator
MrJLK

Postby MrJLK » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 am

On a serious note though, being able to store an augment would be a good idea, but I think it could be exploited.

For example (I haven't played the demo so I could be wrong) but if you had stealth weapons and weapons pre-igniter. If you also bought the long-range scanners and kept it in storage. Before you jump put it in your ship and check the route ahead and then switch it back out. You'd get the benefit of long range scanner without sacrificing your two weapon augments.
Gomisan

Postby Gomisan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 am

This board needs a report SPAM button. That user has 7 posts too many.
SVD997

Postby SVD997 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm

I believe it could be balanced out by having them physically represented in the ship. So if you're boarded, the boarders can destroy, or take things out of your hold. Conversely, you might have the opportunity to steal things out of an enemies cargo hold. Too many times have I scrapped a augment simply because the game would not let me remove one of my current ones.
taylorott

Postby taylorott » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:04 pm

I like the option of choosing what augment/item to discard if we have one too many. (lol, pushing forward this suggestion is really the only reason why I joined the forums)
temporal

Postby temporal » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Anyone know how much scrap an augment currently gets broken down into when you can't fit it?
ETank

Postby ETank » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Necrobump. There's really no reason these things can't go into cargo holds. Especially stasis pods!