F.T.L. Fanfic?

General discussion about the game.
curithwin

F.T.L. Fanfic?

Postby curithwin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 am

Just wondering is there is any Fanfic for F.T.L. out yet as I need a does of F.T.L. as I don't have the beta and running out of videos. I do hope they don't have spoilers though. :)

Keep up the good work people!
TCV

Re: F.T.L. Fanfic?

Postby TCV » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 am

I can't offer fanfic, but I can attempt to post videos faster. Now that I re-encode them with Windows Live Movie Maker before uploading, I can very quickly upload much better quality videos. (www.youtube.com/user/awilla3)
Tarnimus

Postby Tarnimus » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 am

I've been strangely tempted to write some 'fanfic'. I say strangely because it's not something I would ever normally even consider, due to the inevitable naffness. But FTL's structure does lend itself to quite a fun episodic storyline. I've been considering FRAPSing a single playthrough and then writing a series of short stories based around each encounter. The playthrough would dictate the fates of each crew member through the stories.

Given my playing skill, it would probably end up being a tragedy.
kylarus

Postby kylarus » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:11 pm

These two threads come to mind:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=544
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=530
Most of it my quick story from a run, my friend's better written story and Orange Bottle's story.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks all, I'm still hovering up YouTube Vid's... I love SeiferKatt's videos. ;)
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:18 pm

TCV wrote:I can't offer fanfic, but I can attempt to post videos faster. Now that I re-encode them with Windows Live Movie Maker before uploading, I can very quickly upload much better quality videos. (http://www.youtube.com/user/awilla3)

LOL I've already watched you're newest non-spoiler one today. I posted twice on it. ;) Thanks the Vid is great. I try not to watch spoiler videos... I want to be surprised playing the game. ;)