[Suggestion] Save/Continue

General discussion about the game.
Dizzy49

[Suggestion] Save/Continue

Postby Dizzy49 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:12 am

I love the game! My first night I had several BAD runs, and a few good ones. I started playing after dinner, and kept playing until my 2yr old comes in and says "Daddy wake!" This is where I explain that my daughter tends to wake up at 7:30am, and I'm rarely out of bed before 9am, so she never sees me awake in the morning... Apparently I had played ALL night and didn't even realize it. I haven't done that since Spaceward Ho! That's when I knew this game was a great game! :D

I now have my 8yr old son hooked on it as well, and the only issue we really have is that sometimes due to whatever reason (work, chores, bedtime), we may not be able to finish a run. We hate having to quit the game and lose the run. It would be great if you could quit the game and it saved your spot, and the next time you run it, you could continue the game, or you could start a new game (which would jettison the save game).

FYI, I *WANT* this on my tablet, the game design and play is ideal for it, this game is suited perfect for a tablet! :D

-Dizzy
Hoa_Binh

Re: [Suggestion] Save/Continue

Postby Hoa_Binh » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 am

Hi and welcome.

Must agree that the game is quite addictive.

The save game feature has been brought up before with very vocal opinions for and against but as far as I know no comment from the creators of the game. That thread can be found at:

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=414

/Anders
aviphysics

Postby aviphysics » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:29 am

Hoa_Binh wrote:Hi and welcome.

Must agree that the game is quite addictive.

The save game feature has been brought up before with very vocal opinions for and against but as far as I know no comment from the creators of the game. That thread can be found at:

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=414

/Anders

The creators have commented on getsatisfaction. They have recognized the demand for save on exit but want to fix bugs and finish planned features first. If they have time, save on exit might be added.
timaeus

Postby timaeus » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm also eagerly awaiting a save-on-exit/resume feature (*not* save anytime), since I usually can only play for 30 min or so at a time, but until that's implemented, I'll usually just go into options, turn off all sound, then minimize to desktop. Put my computer in Sleep mode if I'll be away for awhile. The game recovers just fine 95% of the time.
Dizzy49

Postby Dizzy49 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:30 am

I'm also eagerly awaiting a save-on-exit/resume feature (*not* save anytime), since I usually can only play for 30 min or so at a time, but until that's implemented, I'll usually just go into options, turn off all sound, then minimize to desktop. Put my computer in Sleep mode if I'll be away for awhile. The game recovers just fine 95% of the time.

Well, my motherboard has issues and won't wake from sleep, so that doesn't work for my machine. My son's computer just doesn't sleep. Never have figured out why, works great otherwise.

Right now I try to play it between some work stuff... I do the same thing, turn off the sound and minimize when I can...

On a side note, having this functionality will make porting it to a tablet more feasible too :D
tcolberg

Postby tcolberg » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:07 am

For me, the game crashes when minimized for more than 10 min at a time, so if I'm in the middle of a good run, I can't stop for any significant task without leaving the game maximized.