Bug: Teleporter while attacking a door

General discussion about the game.
Dakkon

Bug: Teleporter while attacking a door

Postby Dakkon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey guys. I noticed that when I tried to teleport my solider back to my ship, while he was attacking a door to the next room, it didn't work. It seemed like it didn't register that he was actually in the room he was in?
DocGratis

Re: Bug: Teleporter while attacking a door

Postby DocGratis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:05 pm

This is not a "bug" it is a side effect of the intention of not allowing guys to transport when they are moving.

They have to be standing on squares in the room or you can't transport them.

Doors can be tricky. (cause two units are in the same space). Click on their names on the left to to select them (the crew list ) and order them to stand in the room they are in (if it is a 2x1 room, you can click to have both of them move to the space at the opposite side of the room. They will then move the room space and stand still.
Then you can teleport them.

I have had this problem before.
I also run into it when I am ordering my boarding party BACK on to the teleporter after they heal in the med bay.
If both haven't totally stopped one might beam without the other... I always check to be sure they are ready before beaming.

(its like new Star Trek movie, you have to be still to beam)
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
Bushman

Re: Bug: Teleporter while attacking a door

Postby Bushman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Would be nice if beamable crew highlighted blue when you hover the mouse over the room you want to beam back from, or when you hover your mouse over the send button.