Question: Drone event trigger? (*spoilers maybe in answer*)

General discussion about the game.
DocGratis

Question: Drone event trigger? (*spoilers maybe in answer*)

Postby DocGratis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:34 pm

For events that need a special item to trigger the blue special choice. Does it work if the drone is just in the cargo hold?
If you have a system repair drone in the cargo hold does it still count? Or does the drone need to be in your active three...?
As a warning the answer might have spoilers... But I guess that's true of most threads right?
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
Gorlom

Re: Question: Drone event trigger? (*spoilers maybe in answe

Postby Gorlom » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 pm

needs to be in the active list. you can't power them otherwise.
DocGratis

Postby DocGratis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Gorlom wrote:needs to be in the active list. you can't power them otherwise.

But it isn't like combat, you don't need to power them right now..? I wonder because it is not like it checks if your advanced med bay is working does it? I think I get that even if I have power diverted...

Are you certain that it doesn't work? or just assuming that because they aren't in the bar they wont work?
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Pretty certain I have come across events that should have been triggered if the drone in my hold had been active list instead of the hold. (I don't use system repair drones or anti personnel drones that often but I know which events they trigger)

There is a difference between between having an unpowered room to an uninstalled item. In fact you can't even have any drone powered at the point you get the event text. You can always reroute power but you need a safe area to change equipment around. You don't always have that during the events, one event for example is when you find some federation ship in an asteroid field... Hardly a suitable place to uninstall something and then install the specific drone you need.