[Suggestion] Item/augmentation discard

General discussion about the game.
DocGratis

[Suggestion] Item/augmentation discard

Postby DocGratis » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Currently we can dismiss crew members from this ship screen, or when there is an event bringing new crew on board.

However, the only way (unless I am missing something), to get rid of items is selling a a store.
In my last run, I had bud luck not finding any stores, and ended up with a full cargo hold.
I missed out on picking up items the game was giving me.. and I would have gladly thrown away one of the extra ion blast was carrying. It was only worth 10 scrap...

Ideally, we could get a similar screen to the in event crew dismissal screen, a "Please discard one item" or a "Please discard one upgrade" (I think there are events that give out upgrades right?)
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
kylarus

Re: [Suggestion] Item/augmentation discard

Postby kylarus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 pm

I agree. I've had this happen numerous times where I've had a couple lackluster augments or receive drones/weapons that I won't use and then before I find a store to pawn them off on, I gain as salvage, reward or just find floating around a weapon/augment/drone I want, but can't trade out for.
aviphysics

Postby aviphysics » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

I to would like to be able to trade them out.
taylorott

Postby taylorott » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:34 pm

I really really wish the game had this feature. I remember one time when my ship discarded a burst laser mark II because i had full inventory. It was awful!
SVD997

Postby SVD997 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Another option I would like to see that goes along with this would be to be 'scrap' out unwanted inventory. Perhaps we only get 1/2 or 1/3 of the value, but still retain some of the value.