[Dumbass] Beamed an away party to an unmanned ship...

General discussion about the game.
patrickthomson

[Dumbass] Beamed an away party to an unmanned ship...

Postby patrickthomson » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:17 pm

And they suffocated to death before my teleporter recharged. No bug, no tweak suggestion, just ... man I'm dumb! Won't forget that lesson in a hurry!
Bomaz

Re: [Dumbass] Beamed an away party to an unmanned ship...

Postby Bomaz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:25 am

It is doable with an upgraded teleporter (I also preffer to use rockmen for this)
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:44 am

Yup, at least level 2 teleporters will get your crewmen (ignoring Zolman's, though why are you using them for boarding attacks in the first place?) out of the unmanned ship safely. Watch out for cloaking ships though, you can't pull your crew members when the enemy ship cloaks!

At level 3, you can juggle two sets of crewmembers both on and off the ship. Just stay on top of the pause button!
Selvunwind

Postby Selvunwind » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 am

Oh gods, I did that one too. The facepalm was so powerful my nose bled.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 am

If it makes you feel better: I recently upgraded my teleporter in preparation for that problem, but then forgot to add power before sending then to their deaths...
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Bullshaz

Postby Bullshaz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

I've done this, after reading about someone else doing it... I also have twice sent my crew to a ship then blown that ship up, and once sent my crew to a ship which then FTLed away.
Caal

Postby Caal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 am

So I finally got myself a crew teleporter yesterday but I couldn't figure out how to teleport my crew back. When I pressed what I assume was the teleport button I was getting a red arrow? Any ideas :cry:
Selvunwind

Postby Selvunwind » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 am

There's a 'beam them in, scotty' button and a 'beam them back, scotty' button. Make sure all your men are collected in a single room of the ship. Then click the 'beam them back, scotty' button, and click on the room. Best of luck taking down those Rebel Scum. :D
Luringen

Postby Luringen » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:30 am

Done this too... Was saving scap for a cloaking system instead of upgrading teleporters and sensors, and they suffocated.
Second time i failed with teleporters i beamed them back JUST as the rebel flagship FTLed away. I saw the crew were vanishing, but were stopped like 0,2 seconds from finishing. Maybe at the boss the crew could wait at the next system/encounter, but that would probably be hard to code just for the boss.
Caal

Postby Caal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks for that, worked a charm. For some reason I clicked everywhere except where my away party was :oops: I thought I might have been able to beam them back to any room on my own ship.