[suggestion] Free-Fly mode

General discussion about the game.
LillithMenarra

[suggestion] Free-Fly mode

Postby LillithMenarra » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:17 am

Something for the final game when it's released, give us a free-form map for just flying around and having random events that progressively get harder, kind of a survival mode.

Have it be a single, huge sector, 5-10x as many destinations as a normal campaign sector, with no rebel fleet gradually moving across the map, you can go anywhere, at any time. But, every, say, 6-8 Jumps, all visited sectors reset again and randomize, and all encounters become a tier harder. You keep flying around, upgrading, fighting, collecting, and the enemies just keep getting harder and harder, until you finally get defeated and you just try to see how big of a score you can accumulate, there is no 'winning' in Free-Fly, you just keep running into harder fights until you can't handle them anymore.

Just a thought.
Dodplas

Re: [suggestion] Free-Fly mode

Postby Dodplas » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:25 pm

This is something I would also like to see implemented.
DocGratis

Postby DocGratis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Alternatively, an endless chase mode..

Rebel fleet behind you, but no boss at the end.. any maybe the difficulty goes up only half as fast. (so like a difficulty push every other sector)...
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
Koshinator

Postby Koshinator » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Absolutely.. the game's so fun that I often don't want to go to the final sector, just want to keep on flying about for kicks....
Tempest2097

Postby Tempest2097 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah, free roam would be really awesome. There's just so much to do sector wise that I really want to explore.
irongamer

Postby irongamer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 am

Tempest2097 wrote:Yeah, free roam would be really awesome. There's just so much to do sector wise that I really want to explore.

Agreed. I would also enjoy a mode (expansion, FTL2, whatever) that allowed for more exploration.
ColOfNature

Postby ColOfNature » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm

It says in FTL_README.doc in the game folder that "Play can continue infinitely after the boss". Dunno if this has been taken out since that was written, or if it's on the card but hasn't been put in yet.
...common and uninteresting.
LillithMenarra

Postby LillithMenarra » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:15 am

Glad to see I'm not the only one that wants a 'Survival Mode' game mode ^.^