Best Run so far..

General discussion about the game.
Gimboid

Best Run so far..

Postby Gimboid » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 pm

To show some people that aren't playing, I wanted to give a quick runthrough of my last play...

I thought at first it was going to be a fail run, on my second jump I managed to loose my third crew member, but I thought I'd keep going anyway and on the next jump got a Glaive beam, sold my other weapons to buy enough energy to power it and went into the next few systems.

Glaive beam early on is amazing fun, allowing you to wipe out most ships in 2 attacks, I flew through the first two systems, got a good (upgraded) crew, shields and more, only problem I found with the glaive due to its recharge time was a few baddies got away before I could take out their engines but otherwise it was going smoothly.

In the 5th and 6th system it got a little harder, I'd not managed to secure a second weapon yet but did have a transporter along with a couple of mantis fighters (which I then managed to get killed on an away mission when I accidentally blew up the enemy ship.... oops!)

towards the end of the 6th system, I was struggling with a enemy that had a very powerful ion weapon, taking out my shields and I was down to 4 crew again, struggling to keep the systems online as my glaive got taken out a couple of times, but all I needed to do was kill this ship and I could power my newly acquired pegasus missile, I can definitely see myself finishing off the end boss with these two weapons.

I wiped out the enemy ship, with my engineering and CO2 systems on fire, I vented them out, and then in horrible bad luck, the last fire did enough damage to finish me off...

I screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I was doing sooo well and this was epic!

even though the game is over and I died without even getting into the last systems, it was one of the best runs I've had so far and I seriously enjoyed it. The dev's are doing a great job with this and the new patch allowing you to see crew skills easily is an awesome upgrade. I can't wait to see how they polish it up further for release.

Win.

Anyone have similar fun stories?