[Suggestion] item quality

General discussion about the game.
temporal

[Suggestion] item quality

Postby temporal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:53 pm

After a few playthroughs I feel like I've seen all of the items/mods and whathaveyou.

I think the game could add some depth by making the items and mods have unique stat twists.

Maybe weapons could have a range of charge times. Defense drones a probability of hitting missiles, etc.

Ship upgrades could have a range of effectiveness. Some hull plates could shield better than others, etc.

Better stuff could cost more scrap + sell for more scrap and vise versa.

I realize that the power and damage stats are probably set in stone with the damage and power mechanics set up how they are, so probably just leave those alone.

This would be interesting and could provide another dimension to upgrading your equipment without having to add new items.
Lambchops

Re: [Suggestion] item quality

Postby Lambchops » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 pm

I guess there is an element of this already in the weapons (defence drone I vs defence drone II for example) but I agree that this could perhaps be extended to some of the other items such as you hull plate upgrade example.

Not so sure about messing with charge times and so on, might upset the balance a little bit, but quite like the idea in principle.