*Semi Spoiler* Suggestion: Heavy Weapon

General discussion about the game.
VladePsyker

*Semi Spoiler* Suggestion: Heavy Weapon

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 am

Ok semi spoiler because I'm using end boss as an example

It would be cool to have a ship model that has a weapons room but also has a single heavy weapons mount, like the end boss heavy weapons mounts. so it would have the std 2-3 weapon, 2-3 drone slots and an extra heavy weapon slot which can be fitted with a regular weapon but amps that weapon up either faster fire or increases number of shots or damage per shot etc
kshh

Re: *Semi Spoiler* Suggestion: Heavy Weapon

Postby kshh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

Hm.. I like the idea of more functional rooms, but it seems having a second weapon control room might be too strong on it's own, not to mention charging up regular weapons faster.

***SPOILER***
Part of the reason the end boss has 4 weapons mounts is that this is a huge advantage.. you can't focus fire the one weapon mount and keep it under perma repair, which is pretty much the strategy all through the game unless you're going for a drone/boarding setup..
***/SPOILER***

currently I think "heavy weapon" is covered by weapons requiring three power, which is a hefty demand for a single weapon. But like I said, personally I really like the idea of additional functional rooms. Maybe the devs can take the suggestions from the forums and turn them into some rooms that have relevance on gameplay and open up new strategies.