Suggestion: Option to Control Game Pace

General discussion about the game.
Baztuz

Suggestion: Option to Control Game Pace

Postby Baztuz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:56 pm

First off, great game! As an RPG fan I really like taking my time to develop my resources and explore. The game has no save option and the pace is pretty fast to get to the end. I always get killed at the end and I wish I had more time to further develop my ship by earning scrap and taking on more ships at my level. Would it be possible to have an option to control the pace of the rebel system coverage?

-Baz
VladePsyker

Re: Suggestion: Option to Control Game Pace

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 am

That would be the easy mode, more scrap easier ships.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 am

Any option for a longer game where upgrades cost more? Would give you more chance to come across random events without technically making the game easier :p
Sacheverell

Postby Sacheverell » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I like your idea, OP. Seems like I never really have any time in a given sector to look around properly before I'm being choked out by rebels, so I'm either just barely escaping with whatever equipment I may have been lucky enough to find, or ahead of them but woefully under-equipped.
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Sacheverell wrote:I like your idea, OP. Seems like I never really have any time in a given sector to look around properly before I'm being choked out by rebels, so I'm either just barely escaping with whatever equipment I may have been lucky enough to find, or ahead of them but woefully under-equipped.

I think that's the point, I think what you and the OP both want is a separate open ended game mode that will give you the time to explore.

Giving you as much time as you like in a game mode where you being chased doesn't really make much sense.

As a seperate game mode where your not being chased sounds like fun
Syphus

Postby Syphus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 am

Without talking about a new game mode, going through Nebula sectors and every Nebula area you find should help you get more space between you and them.
Sacheverell

Postby Sacheverell » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 am

VladePsyker wrote:
Sacheverell wrote:I like your idea, OP. Seems like I never really have any time in a given sector to look around properly before I'm being choked out by rebels, so I'm either just barely escaping with whatever equipment I may have been lucky enough to find, or ahead of them but woefully under-equipped.

I think that's the point, I think what you and the OP both want is a separate open ended game mode that will give you the time to explore.

Giving you as much time as you like in a game mode where you being chased doesn't really make much sense.

As a seperate game mode where your not being chased sounds like fun

Right, exactly. I get that the current game mode is high-tension, and I don't particularly have an issue with that - a good challenge is awesome, after all - but a secondary game mode to feel out the game a bit more would be sweet. :)
JanoS

Postby JanoS » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 pm

I would definitely welcome 'cheat' option to stop advancement of rebel fleet.
I am a completionist and hate running away from the red arc...
Tiron

Postby Tiron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:48 pm

VladePsyker wrote:As a seperate game mode where your not being chased sounds like fun

I would also like such an extra mode! Just to be an explorer and take my own time. For me it could also be made harder in that mode in exchange for the extra-time one gets. But i kind of like the idea that i can explore the universe at my own pace!