Buying into beta?

General discussion about the game.
Priest

Buying into beta?

Postby Priest » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 am

Is there anyway I can get into the beta or get a copy of this game. I unfortunately found out too late about FTL and didn't get a chance to donate on kickstart. I know beta just started, but i'd be willing to purchase a key if that is an option.
Warbird

Re: Buying into beta?

Postby Warbird » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:09 am

At this time there is no way to access the beta outside of getting your hands on a key. It's no unheard of for someone to donate one if you ask nicely though. The devs have hinted that a more open beta would be possible closer to release though.
Priest

Postby Priest » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:45 am

Thank you for your response.

A follow up question. Does anyone have a beta key they would be willing to give? My friend plays FTL all day and tells me how great a game it is. Im really eager to play it.
Priest

Postby Priest » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 pm

No more spare keys out there? I will trade a Salem key for it if anyone is interested?
Priest

Postby Priest » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:08 pm

To be honest this thread wasn't meant to be me asking for a key, it was to ask if there was a way to purchase access to the beta.

After Warbird suggested asking for one I only then asked.
Lestibournes

Postby Lestibournes » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Priest wrote:To be honest this thread wasn't meant to be me asking for a key, it was to ask if there was a way to purchase access to the beta.

After Warbird suggested asking for one I only then asked.

I'm just giving you references, not criticizing.