General discussion about the game.
Muramas

Postby Muramas » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:19 pm

One thing that I found when I was playing the beta of FTL is that the start of the game was really difficult to have a good start.

I found that I was trying my best to get as much scrap so I could upgrade shields / energy / doors but it was still not enough. I think the main issue is that you need scrap not only to make your ship better but also to repair it so you need to either push back upgrading which means you often take more damage to repair your existing damage or have your HP stay in the redline in exchange for being more skilled at battles.

This is compounded by not being able to repair when you want and have to find a store which are in random placements and often I found I am stuck in situations where I have no chance to even get repairs when I need them.

Few things I would suggest...
-have a way to repair damage outside of stores (and random 1 off events)
-Make the starting area have more quests and a bit less of a chance to have aggressive ships.
-Add a repair drone where while no combat is happening you can use a drone to repair some HP
Last edited by Muramas on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jongo

Re: Feedback: Start

Postby Jongo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Some of the distress missions end up in you being repaired by the end of it, normally just leading someone somewhere, its always very handy.
OrangeBottle

Postby OrangeBottle » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 pm

There should be some sort of EVA(external vehicular access) drone that repairs your ship over time in exchange for scrap. Because free repairs would be overpowered.
Niknaktom

Postby Niknaktom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm

theres a repair arm which repairs your ship when you get scarp at a lose of 15% scrap collected
Only fools go, where angels fear to tread