Teleporters, Boarding, and you.

General discussion about the game.
OrangeBottle

Teleporters, Boarding, and you.

Postby OrangeBottle » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 am

I have a few features I'd like to suggest for teleporters:

1. Teleporting enemy crewmembers to your ship.
-Would get them away from repairing systems on the enemy's ship, and allows you to isolate and defeat enemy
crewmembers without having to deal with the whole ship at once // them healing.
-They would have a chance of joining you if they're still alive and on your ship after their ship is destroyed.

2. Taking over enemy ships if your ship explodes and all their crewmembers are dead.
-As it is now, the game ends if your ship explodes at any time. This makes no sense. If you have any
crewmembers on the enemy ship while yours is gone, you should be able to try and take over their vessel.
-Also, add the option of taking the enemy ship and leaving yours behind if you kill all their crew. This could change
several things in-game, such as relations with the different factions. Engies might not like it if you're flying
around in a mantis vessel, etc.

3. Teleporter malfunctions.
-The teleporter would have a small chance of sending a crewmember to the wrong place, and possibly outside of
the ship.
Warbird

Re: Teleporters, Boarding, and you.

Postby Warbird » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:34 am

If memory serves me, number 2 was brought up in the past and was shot down by the devs. Could be wrong though.
Bomaz

Postby Bomaz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:16 pm

1. Wouldn't be fun if the roles were reversed, i.e. your crew died with no way to save them without a charged teleporter, so thats out

2. Agree with the above

3. Not really fun if using a subsystem means risking death for crew. Then you don't want the system in favor of something that works.
salbris

Postby salbris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:38 am

After what just happened to me I was thinking about the same things:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=446

1. I was just thinking that this would be interesting. Although maybe a bit overpowered. If there was someway to block teleporters from parts of your ship that would interesting. Maybe even the shields could provide protection.

2. After what happened to me I really hope this becomes a reality. It's not always easy to take a ship hostage.

3. Absolutely not, no randomness please. Maybe there can be a reason for it, like a teleporter disruptor, or if you use it when it's stunned but not all the time.
remmon

Postby remmon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:42 am

For 2, right now at least make it so that you can do this to the final boss. If your ship is destroyed but you have crew aboard the rebel flagship, let give an alternative victory screen if they manage to destroy the ship.

You all died, but at least the flagship was destroyed and the rebellion beaten as a result.

Full ship capture of any enemy ship is something that we might see some day in an expansion, free or not.