Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
VladePsyker

Re: Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby VladePsyker » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am

Sardonic wrote:I got close, you have to go to the slug's home nebula, run into a specific ship, damage it, and it will offer you a rare weapon or information, take the information and you'll get a quest marker for the shipyard where the ship is being constructed.

Once there you have two options:

Follow the ships into the nebula at a distance or some such

Charge ahead before they get too far away

I chose charge ahead, killed the slug ship, and the construction facility was 'lost in the nebula'.

Things that might effect getting this ship:
slug crewmate (haven't found any to try it with one yet)
long range sensors augment?
cloaking device

Gut feeling says Sensor 2 maybe even 3, cloak 2 , and just going by track record a slug crew.
I say sensor 3 because there was a mention in the patch notes to an increase in the blue options from upgraded sensors.

Good info hopefully we can build on that, looking forward to finding out what come with the slug ship.

slug crew plus bio-beam should be sweet :) YOU CANNOT HIDE !
Duboyski

Postby Duboyski » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:29 am

So I managed to unlock it.

I was using the stealth ship, with cloak lv3, sensors lv3, and the long range scanners on normal difficulty.

When I first got there I had 3 options, the 2 Sardonic mentioned + [blue option] use cloaking to follow.

Next you start to lose them, again there were two normal options + [blue option] boost sensors.

Several ships warp away and you're left to fight one fairly weak ship. The FTL of this ship and the unlockable slug ship are connected so you can't let it get away. Destroy the ship and you've unlocked it.

I'm not sure what the minimum lv of cloak and sensors you need is though.

http://i.imgur.com/ACpEL.png
http://i.imgur.com/47jHi.png
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Good info, thank you, I think I'll use the stealth ship to get it, it seems to start with all the required equipment.

EDIT: ARRRGGGHHH, I would have had it but both Pegasus missiles missed the engine room and they jumped away.
Luringen

Postby Luringen » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:09 pm

*****SPOILERS FOR UNLOCKING THE JELLY CRUISER*****

1. The jelly homeworlds in a nebula has a event that lets you demand information instead of a weapon when you defeat them. The information leads to the cruiser area.
2. In the cruiser area you get 2 blue options, one using your sensors and one using your cloaking (have at least level 2 at one of them).
3. You need to pass a sensor check of level 2 or 3 (not sure which) to stay locked on.
4. Finally you must beat a really easy tiny ship before it escapes.
Gomisan

Postby Gomisan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Jelly Cruiser (Man of War) looks cool, I unlocked it tonight, but wont get a chance to play it for a few days :(

I had sensors 3 so used teh blue sensors option, and I had a slug crewman but obviously couldnt try his blue option.

I liek it's starting weapons load out, looks rather nasty. All I need is an Ion cannon now to take out enemy shields :) oooo that would be very nasty.
FinBen

Postby FinBen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:09 pm

I was playing with the stealth ship when I came upon this encounter. I had both Sensors and Cloaking at Level 2, so I'm pretty certain that that's the minimum level you need. However, the stealth ship also has the Long Range Scanners augment from the beginning, so it may have had something to do with them. I'll leave that to someone else to confirm :)
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:27 am

Holy batmans the new Zoltan ship is incredibly fun to play with.

I'm not going to spoil how to get it but I will spoil what weaponry it has:

*************************Spoiler*********************************
[spoiler]It starts out with: 3 zoltan crew members,
A halberd beam, a weak missile whose name i forgot (9second reload and 1 damage)
2 shields 1 engine 3 weapon 1 med bay
basic pilot and sensor but rank 2 doors
5 reactor bars (+ the three zoltans)
PLUS a super shield with 5 charges (recharges only during FTL jumps)

achievements include killing off a ship before the super shield goes down (surprisingly simple... probably needs some balancing), to reach sector 5(?) without upgrading the reactor and to have 29 bars on your ship powered at once (full reactor +4 zoltan crew members)

The room layout is pretty funky but seems very tactical and I'm quite fond of it.
[/spoiler]

Edit: bah spoiler tags doesnt work on this forum =(
Derkit

Postby Derkit » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:29 am

I have managed to unluck Everything Except the Slug ship, and the Zoltan or Rock (Zoltan just came out today, Rock is there but not available yet)

[spoiler]
I admit that I beat the game on easy, stil trying on normal

But I beat the flag ship with the Kestral, on easy Honestly I think I could win the majority of runs, The other ships I unlocked on normal, got lucky maybe? I do think that there is a good deal of skill involved in combat ;)
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 am

Anyone willing to post how to get the Zoltan Ship?
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 am

Step 1: Find the Zoltan homeworld sector.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit!

I got it on my first visit to the Zoltan sector.