Apology and a possible glich?

General discussion about the game.
HamTheBacon

Re: Apology and a possible glich?

Postby HamTheBacon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Yea my bad its an inside joke between me and my friends when we pronounce it glich and spell it like that cuz a guy we know who we all hate says it like that.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

GreenZanbato wrote:Losing your crew is intended. It's just like blowing up a ship with your crew in it. It's a brand new battle each time, nothing is saved.
That's what I expected, but curiously, there's one exception. The flagship crew that were killed are still killed. The isolated systems are fully repaired, etc, but if you killed the person in the missile launcher room before, they're still dead after the jump.

This means that if you take out 3 of the weapons, just leaving the beam weapon, and kill all the crew except the beam weapon crewman, then stage 3 suddenly gets harder because the AI takes over when the last crewmember's segment falls off. As frequently happens to me. :)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:38 am

Leave either the Heavy Lasers or Missiles crew alive. Pick your poison. HL will probably have a harder time hitting you and doing damage since you will have l4 shields by this point. Missiles are harder to neutralise and you'd have to use a lot of power for defense drones or rely on luck (allways a fantastic idea in FTL) and try to evade them.

The only benefit of leaving the Missiles crew alive is that missiles will not strip your shields even if they hit, so the stage 3 superweapon will have to beat down all 4 of your shields to do damage. Not even sure that's a benefit because one of the missiles is almost guaran-damn-teed to hit your Shield station.

But anyway, leave one weapon crew alive to prevent the AI selfhealing. Ion and Beam will fall off and kill the person inside so it has to be either HL or Missiles.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.