Apology and a possible glich?

General discussion about the game.
HamTheBacon

Apology and a possible glich?

Postby HamTheBacon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 am

So i figured out that the final boss isnt as hard as i originally thought, i guess in my anger i refused to acknowledge some of the game mechanics which were a direct use to fighting the flagship, so sorry about my post about it being to hard, its a challenge i see now but not that hard, i like it!

And the glich im refering to is, in the flagship fight i sent a boarding team to fight the enemies (of course) but when they zoomed away and i followed it, my crew was gone, it was in a part of the ship that didnt break off so idk why they wernt there still, idk if this is intended but it happened and if it needs to be fixed awesome!

So once again, sorry i got angry and said some stupid things, i hope this doesnt happen again, it is after all, a great game.
SparrowHawk

Re: Apology and a possible glich?

Postby SparrowHawk » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:01 am

Wow, an apology? On the internet? What a rare thing! You, sir, have restored my faith in humanity.
I think I'll just assuage my guilt now and name every one of my captains "Zapp Brannigan"...
HamTheBacon

Postby HamTheBacon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Well if im proven wrong, might as well not look like a dick to the rest of the community, besides now that i know a couple fun builds my Let's plays will be that much better, so why not do the right thing?
winterpwner

Postby winterpwner » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm

@HamTheBacon

It's an intended feature. Basically, somehow the enemy crew can overwhelm your crew, and by the time you catch up with the Fed Flagship again, they're dead.
fylth

Postby fylth » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Unless they were in an unconnected section of the ship when it jumped.

Same thing happened to me last night, my two-mantis boarding team were in the ion-cannon room of the enemy ship when the Ospreys mega-laser-thing killed the ship. So in their case not only did the ship fly off, but the part of the ship they were in was pretty much blown apart...annoyingly, I was about to click on them with the teleport out button when the ship died, I probably would have beaten the third stage if not for that
GreenZanbato

Postby GreenZanbato » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Losing your crew is intended. It's just like blowing up a ship with your crew in it. It's a brand new battle each time, nothing is saved.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Yay for civility on the internet! Unfortunately for your crew they're right and that's not a bug. (sorry)
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
HamTheBacon

Postby HamTheBacon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

I still beat the final fight, but i was confused when i lost 2 of my guys somehow and didnt recall how, but i understand.
Attackid

Postby Attackid » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

glitch*
GreenZanbato

Postby GreenZanbato » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Attackid wrote:glitch*

Really? :roll: