[suggestion] Endgame Content - Custom Ships

General discussion about the game.
Marioking9

[suggestion] Endgame Content - Custom Ships

Postby Marioking9 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 am

I was thinking, when you beat the game (all ships), there would be a 10th ship slot.
It would show up as a sillouette of the kestrel with a ? on it. Clicking it would go to a "ship editor".
Here you would be able to load a PNG file, choose room layouts, systems, subsystems, weapons, crew, drones, ect.

Since you beat the game (probably multiple times) it wouldn't really matter if it was overpowered. You could re-enact your favourite TV show/movie (star trek, star wars, red dwarf ect).

Imagine, flying through space on a ship shaped like your dog.
Expect many penis shaped ships :/

Just a suggestion, it would be EPIC if it was added though.
POM_Fenris

Re: [suggestion] Endgame Content - Custom Ships

Postby POM_Fenris » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:09 am

I'm all for this, I would love to make the Millennium Falcon, or alternately, Space Boobs ;) People are working on third party ship editors, but an in-game one would keep the game interesting for those who have completed it. Perhaps only unlock the editor once all other ships are unlocked?
Marioking9

Postby Marioking9 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 am

POM_Fenris wrote:I'm all for this, I would love to make the Millennium Falcon, or alternately, Space Boobs ;) People are working on third party ship editors, but an in-game one would keep the game interesting for those who have completed it. Perhaps only unlock the editor once all other ships are unlocked?

Thanks for your post, and the main reason I suggested it is I tried 2 third party editors, and 2 bad things; 1: They can only replace ships, and 2: I tried using it 3 times and all of it it crashed.

space tits :D
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 am

Yeah, even when they work it is a bit of a nightmare, cause of the replacement thing. Problem is, it is hardcoded into the game that there are only nine ship slots, and no-one has found out how to change it yet. Plus, it is kinda inconvenient to have to close the game to make a ship, an then reopen it to try it out, etc. when you could just make the ship and play it al on the same window.

And yeah, Austin Powers style ;) Space Penises are overdone.
Marioking9

Postby Marioking9 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 pm

POM_Fenris wrote:Yeah, even when they work it is a bit of a nightmare, cause of the replacement thing. Problem is, it is hardcoded into the game that there are only nine ship slots, and no-one has found out how to change it yet. Plus, it is kinda inconvenient to have to close the game to make a ship, an then reopen it to try it out, etc. when you could just make the ship and play it al on the same window.

And yeah, Austin Powers style ;) Space Penises are overdone.

Precisely why I thought this would be a good idea :D
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Yup. We would end up with millions of penis ships, a few pairs of boobs, and the rare ship that someone has actually put thought into XD
Marioking9

Postby Marioking9 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 am

POM_Fenris wrote:Yup. We would end up with millions of penis ships, a few pairs of boobs, and the rare ship that someone has actually put thought into XD

Lol yeah. I spent a while making a Federation version of the Rebel Rigger ship cause I thought it looked cool, modded it with my weapons of choice, set it to replace the Engi Cruiser 2, and when I selected it, it crashed :c Edited it, it crashed. Modified it, it crashed. Crashes here, crashes everywhere.
So I thought of this.
Marioking9

Postby Marioking9 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 am

Bumps :!:
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 pm

here

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/18/ftl-m ... d-firefly/

this pc gamer article has links to 3 mods for FTL

each mod will add a ship to the game,