Idea for Multiplayer

General discussion about the game.
Targetstar

Idea for Multiplayer

Postby Targetstar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 am

well, not really just a jiff of a idea.

you have 2 ships, each are 1 sector apart from each other, it is a mirror, with same events, so no unfair advantage (except in ship choice), you have to get to the middle line 1st, well not 1st, but ill elaborate later.

Once you start, you have to get to the end of the sector anytime you want.... no time limit except the other player... for, who ever gets there 1st, wins a slight bonus, and for every turn that you are there, you get more and more of a bonus.

like extra credit from the planet, a merchant arrived, a Mercenary arrived, and ask if you need help killing the other person. but that is the jif, you can set it to 1 sector, 2 sector, or 8 sectors, untill the very end. so yea >< idea, plz reply and elaborate
StarWarsOZ

Re: Idea for Multiplayer

Postby StarWarsOZ » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 am

That sounds like a good idea, and it could work very easisly with the current game, no major changes will need to be made.

The only thing I would add is that maybe u should be able to see what the other player is doing, so u know when to hurry up and when u can take your time.

The disadvantage that I see is that if for example, one person had the stealth ship and the other had the Kestral, then in the first sector the stealth ship gets destroyed by drones while the Kestral is fine, it would finish before it started.

This game might just be too unpredictable to have multiplayer, as much as I would love to see it added. :D
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
InnerOrbiter

Postby InnerOrbiter » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:22 am

I thought multiplayer would be most fun if it's a 32 (or so) person bracket where after each fight you get a certain amount of scrap to upgrade/repair/ buy new weapons for your ship. Defeat kicks you out of further rounds
Paul

Postby Paul » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Personally, I thought multiplayer would work best as a sort of left-4-dead style versus mode, where one player plays normally, with the other player assuming control of whatever randomly generated enemy ships there are! I'm not completely convinced FTL is cut out for multiplayer, though.