Poor game design

General discussion about the game.
HonestBot

Re: Poor game design

Postby HonestBot » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:09 am

MantisManMike wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:That's not an example of what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when you have enough shields for them to get ionized by the first ion and still have at least one bubble up. In that video (of mine! :) ) the first ion hit took the shields down fully, so of course the rest of the ship was available to be hit by the 2nd ionization.

It doesn't matter how many shields you have, two systems will always get ionised. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxU0fWfO_bs&t=1m/link

Your theory is "neat" and attractive, but wrong. I had the same theory for a long time, despite the game constantly showing me that I was wrong. It's interesting how bad we -- not you, people in general, including me -- are at observation! Confirmation bias in action.

Your theory (previously also mine) is appealing because it matches the way that ion projectile weapons work (e.g. Ion Blast). But it turns out pulsars don't work in the same way...and not just in this respect!

I'm talking about when you have enough shields for them to get ionized by the first ion and still have at least one bubble up. In that video (of mine! :) ) the first ion hit took the shields down fully, so of course the rest of the ship was available to be hit by the 2nd ionization.