Need serious help with this game.

General discussion about the game.
5thHorseman

Re: Need serious help with this game.

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:01 pm

We've all been there. I can't tell you how many times I fought the flagship before I beat the first stage, and I was shocked (and annoyed) that it then got away and I had to do it again. When - after several more games - it got away again, I almost threw in the towel.

There are dozens if not hundreds of tips, it's hard to really hone them down to a few, but I'll try.

Defense drones are great, as is a cloak. Generally you only need 1 level but 3 is nice in the final stage, it can cloak through the missiles and the first super blast.
You want 5 dodge at least, and maybe even at most. Don't sacrifice updating other things for more dodge but once you have the ship you want dodge is a good place to put it.
Mind Control - again just the one level - is fantasic. So is hacking, but not in the 2nd phase obviously.
Oxygen 2 is important in case it gets hacked or if the enemy boarding drone gets through. Ideally, you'd have level 2 on everything so everything can take a hit.
Don't waste money on scanners over 2 (or 1 plus someone in the room) as the ship prevents you from seeing more.

Phase 1, your goal is to pummel the shields and cloak. the ship doesn't dodge too well so don't mind control until after you've hit their shields, and as soon as 2 people are in there mind control the room so they fight instead of fix. This works even better if there's a fire.
Phase 2, hit the drone room for 1 to power down their boarding drone. Cloak at the start of the drone powerup and just camp through it, and then fire all your weapons to depower your cloak the moment they start to fade. Then it'll be ready to go on the next powerup.
Phase 3, triple cloak as the missiles are fired and camp until it shoots the laser bolts. then fire everything you got. Don't mind control them, use your mind control to counter their mind controlling you.

There, that's about 1% of the advice available. I also suggest if you'd like, watch my YouTube videos. I have hundreds of runs and in many of them I beat the boss. And I try to - in every single one - discuss why I'm doing what I'm doing.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."