Beta Release Discussion

General discussion about the game.
tuges

Re: Beta Release Discussion

Postby tuges » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:57 pm

I'd like to add an issue as well:

Since two days ago Steam has been bugging me to update my copy of FTL. Every time I do, it times out.

I figured it was the original copy itself giving it a hard time, so I deleted that. Now it won't let me re-install the beta because it times out! Am I the only one experiencing this issue?
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:14 pm

tuges wrote:I'd like to add an issue as well:

Since two days ago Steam has been bugging me to update my copy of FTL. Every time I do, it times out.

I figured it was the original copy itself giving it a hard time, so I deleted that. Now it won't let me re-install the beta because it times out! Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Report it on getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame/topics and provide your OS and stuff?
tuges

Postby tuges » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Gorlom wrote:
tuges wrote:I'd like to add an issue as well:

Report it on getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame/topics and provide your OS and stuff?

Done! Hope they figure out what the issue is, I was looking forward to seeing what the updates did, let alone actually playing it again. :\
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 am

Sorry about the problem. Thank you Gorlom for helping him get to us faster.

It's hard to watch every place we get contacted. Forums, GetSatisfaction, Kickstarter comments, Kickstarter messages, email... there's only two of us, and we've got a game to make as well :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here