Funny Easter Egg

General discussion about the game.
Sandow

Funny Easter Egg

Postby Sandow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 am

In the flight hanger there is a forklift that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen hauling boxes that look like Personal Companion Cubes (I forget what the real name is) from Portal. Every 20th forklift has a cube with a heart on it. If you click on it, your cursor changes to a heart for a second. Funny, but no achievement. :cry:
Kieve

Re: Funny Easter Egg

Postby Kieve » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:26 am

Hah, that's awesome! Between that and the FreeSpace reference (Rock B "Shivan") I knew there was a reason I loved these guys. Shame I didn't have money to throw at this when it was still being Kickstarted.

'Course, my goodwill shall turn to seething rage if they sell out like Redigit did to Terraria...
Patchumz

Postby Patchumz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 am

Haha, not many references in this game, so finding one like this is fun :D.

Kieve wrote:Hah, that's awesome! Between that and the FreeSpace reference (Rock B "Shivan") I knew there was a reason I loved these guys. Shame I didn't have money to throw at this when it was still being Kickstarted.

'Course, my goodwill shall turn to seething rage if they sell out like Redigit did to Terraria...

Well, Redigit was an asshole ever since he kicked Blue out for "hogging his spotlight" (clearly a sign of what was to come, which ended in what we see today). These guys are FAR too awesome to turn into that guy.
El Psy Congroo.
Disc10

Postby Disc10 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 am

WARNING: Off topic. :P

Kieve wrote:'Course, my goodwill shall turn to seething rage if they sell out like Redigit did to Terraria...

Are you referring to Terraria getting a console version? Because it's not like they doubled the content in the PC version for free before hand right? :P

Don't get me wrong, it's sucks that someone else offered to keep developing the PC version and were told no, but from a business standpoint a console version makes way more sense. People who don't have PCs will buy and play it, and hardcore fans will probably buy and play it anyway, if only for the extra content.

The only thing a dev of any game owes us (be it an indie or AAA game), as consumers, is a working game. Beyond patching the game for bug fixes, they're not required to give us anything, and certainly not for free. Would more PC content be nice? Absolutely. Am I gonna get my knickers in a twist (not saying that about you specifically, unless you are of course :P) over it? No, I got a dirt cheap game that's given me 32 hours of enjoyment so far, which considering I don't have masses of free time available any more is A LOT.

Of course if it's about a legitimate issue then do tell, since I don't follow the team that closely. I'm a strong advocate of not getting the artist confused with their work as it were. Stops games getting tainted by bad personalities. :P
xXSoulSlayerXx

Postby xXSoulSlayerXx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:10 am

Wow! How did you even find this easter egg???!!! :P
Ahhhhhh!!! Not the ion cannons!!!
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Sandow wrote:In the flight hanger there is a forklift that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen

It's a Rockman
headhunter99

Postby headhunter99 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Disc10 wrote:WARNING: Off topic. :P

Kieve wrote:'Course, my goodwill shall turn to seething rage if they sell out like Redigit did to Terraria...

Are you referring to Terraria getting a console version? Because it's not like they doubled the content in the PC version for free before hand right? :P

Don't get me wrong, it's sucks that someone else offered to keep developing the PC version and were told no, but from a business standpoint a console version makes way more sense. People who don't have PCs will buy and play it, and hardcore fans will probably buy and play it anyway, if only for the extra content.

The only thing a dev of any game owes us (be it an indie or AAA game), as consumers, is a working game. Beyond patching the game for bug fixes, they're not required to give us anything, and certainly not for free. Would more PC content be nice? Absolutely. Am I gonna get my knickers in a twist (not saying that about you specifically, unless you are of course :P) over it? No, I got a dirt cheap game that's given me 32 hours of enjoyment so far, which considering I don't have masses of free time available any more is A LOT.

Of course if it's about a legitimate issue then do tell, since I don't follow the team that closely. I'm a strong advocate of not getting the artist confused with their work as it were. Stops games getting tainted by bad personalities. :P

Terraria fans are mad because some people (like me) dont have consoles and cant get the extra content if they bring the content to PC most of the rage will probably stop
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm not seeing this. Can someone confirm? I waited for 20 cubes to go by and none of them had a heart on it.
icepick

Postby icepick » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Am pretty sure is just trolling. There is no art for this supposed Easter egg.