Notch

General discussion about the game.
headhunter99

Notch

Postby headhunter99 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 pm

i have been getting a crewman named notch and i wondered if it was THE Notch and today i heard that notch realy likes FTL and in the credits Notch is there so i am prety sure that its the real notch
Haspen

Re: Notch

Postby Haspen » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, Notch did donated to the Kickstarter and as far as I know, most of KIckstarter funders got a name in the game.

I too, had Notch in my team. He was a bug (mantis).

I laughed too loud when I noticed the coincidence, heh.
FTL graphics are pixelated/messy?
Find the game's settings.ini file and add 'swapTexture=1' there. Said file should be in [steam directory]/steamapps/common/ftl
Hope that helps! C:
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Probably. It's in the 'extra' set of human names, which I assume are ones for kickstarter backers.
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Darkfrost wrote:Probably. It's in the 'extra' set of human names, which I assume are ones for kickstarter backers.

As far as most of us can tell, all names share the same list.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 pm

http://pastebin.com/UdCAucRL

Notice how there's two sets of male and female names, the second set after
<!-- Kickstarter name list start -->
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Darkfrost wrote:http://pastebin.com/UdCAucRL

Notice how there's two sets of male and female names, the second set after
<!-- Kickstarter name list start -->

I believe this is an incomplete feature; despite there being a human name list, all names come from that list (or the female list, if female).

I figure we will see alien name lists in an update.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Baby Fark McGee-zax

Postby Baby Fark McGee-zax » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:52 pm

I saw Notch on his twitter say some things about the game, and how he likes to play it.

Also, he wrote about how many people were writing him to tell him stories of horrible ways their "Notch" had died in game.

I'd say it's a very very safe bet that the Notch in game is based off of the Notch in real life, in direct connection with his kickstarter contribution to the game.