Please bring this to Nintendo Switch!

General discussion about the game.
PsychoticSquid

Please bring this to Nintendo Switch!

Postby PsychoticSquid » Tue May 02, 2017 7:34 am

The topic speaks for itself, but I'm hoping to try and make a compelling case for it. FTL is legitimately my favourite game of all time (not just Indie game), I have hundreds and hundreds of hours logged, and I forsee many more hundreds still. I would love to have it on the go.

Firstly, there appears to be a decent amount of Indie support right out of the gates - with another favourite Indie game of mine, The Binding Of Isaac, coming out in its penultimate version with the Afterbirth+ content, normally only available on PC. This is particularly interesting since the content in Binding Of Isaac might be thought of as unconventional for Nintendo. However it does serve to show that Nintendo are supporting Indies, which will give their product to a wider audience (although FTL has already been astoundingly successful). Also on the horizon is Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Shovel Knight, Terraria, Yooka-Laylee, and more.

Secondly, you've successfully transitioned the game to iPad, and whilst I do not own an iPad and haven't played that version, I expect many of the touch screen controls could comfortably carry across to the Switch. I would expect there to be a controller-based scheme as well with, at minimum, a button bound to tactical pause, though, since it might also be played in TV mode. Even if it were as basic as one of the sticks acting as a mouse pointer in combination with a tactical pause button, I'd be so, so happy. Maybe other buttons could be shortcuts to select all weapons, toggle autofire, open/close doors, that sort of thing. I'm not sure what you'd feel is best but I'd be happy to suggest some intuitive control schemes if you were interested in entertaining the idea.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, if this doesn't happen, I'll be a sad, sad man.

I would love to see a reply as to whether this idea is being granted any consideration or if it is just outright never going to happen. Closure, man! I need closure.