how does the combat "work" in universe

General discussion about the game.
MrSev

how does the combat "work" in universe

Postby MrSev » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:32 pm

i just have an active imagination and was listening to music while in the boss fight and wondered , is the combat in universe like aircraft dogfighting with complex maneuvers and such ? or is it like battleships being relatively still and just firing when they can ?
Arthur Dent

Re: how does the combat "work" in universe

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Well, the power of your engines determines how likely you are to evade an attack by your opponent, that does seem to suggest that we have to picture something akin to fighter plane dogfighting. Maybe not with the same g-forces, but your own and your enemy's ship do seem to be moving during combat.
Marinealver

Postby Marinealver » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Shields stop energy weapons but not solid weapons like missiles and bombs. Beam weapons always connect, but lasers and the rest can be dodged. Only Zoltan's can stop teleporters. And there's a scrap based economy after the fall of the federation.

How does it work, well it just does. Have you checked out the Kesteral Adventures on YouTube? They do a good job animating their interpretations of the battles. You will find a better answer there.
Warp Drive or Hyperspace?
MrSev

Postby MrSev » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:27 am

Marinealver wrote:Shields stop energy weapons but not solid weapons like missiles and bombs. Beam weapons always connect, but lasers and the rest can be dodged. Only Zoltan's can stop teleporters. And there's a scrap based economy after the fall of the federation.

How does it work, well it just does. Have you checked out the Kesteral Adventures on YouTube? They do a good job animating their interpretations of the battles. You will find a better answer there.

I will look into that, thanks
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:44 am

Marinealver wrote:Have you checked out the Kesteral Adventures on YouTube?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!! I just binged the whole thing and I am so happy I did! Amazing series!