Need Help With an AWESOME Project

General discussion about the game.
JakeCollins

Need Help With an AWESOME Project

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:49 am

Hello!
I am building (Using Arduino, some C++ code I'm writing, and my knowledge of Electrical design) an AWESOME project. (You don't have to know any of this techy stuff in order to help me)

It's a starship-like console that plugs into your computer via USB. The thing is like a switchboard with light up buttons, toggle switches, and LEDS. The "Starship Console" is powered via USB. Using the Arduino Keyboard Library, the console interfaces with FTL. Then, using the buttons and switches on the console the user can pilot their FTL starship, as if it were a real spaceship! The player would divert power to different systems via ACTUAL PHYSICAL buttons. The player would power weapons with cool looking toggle switches. The user could activate cloak by pressing a large, light up button. Basically, the device replaces your computer keyboard in FTL. Read more on my site: eyesighttechnology.weebly.com

Anyways, I need help.
In order to fully interface with the FTL POWER MANAGEMENT system, I need hotkeys. A ton of them.
Example:
To power your shields up 1lvl, you can use the hotkey 'a.'
To power your shields down 1lvl, you use 'shift + a'
Basically, I need those POWER hotkeys. (Not the special hotkeys found in Options, just the ones for each individual power system) But I need them for EVERY single system. Could you guys help me out? I need to find the power management hotkeys for every single system in the game! (Not subsystems, though) Also, it would be helpful to know: what is the max number of systems you can have on one FTL ship at one time?

Thanks in advance! :D :D :D

Wesley, Eyesight Creator and Technical Director
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Biohazard063

Re: Need Help With an AWESOME Project

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't exactly see what you're looking for here.
There are hotkeys in the game for every available system, you can find these by hovering over the system icon.

Here's the list in case you don't want to dive in the game to find them out yourself :

Code: Select all

Shields :  A
Engines :   S
Medbay/clonebay : F
Oxygen : D
Weapons :   W
Teleporter : G
Cloak : H
Artillery :Y
Drones : E
Mindcontroll : K
Hacking :    L
Battery : B

And you use shift + [key] to depower by 1.
Don't forget to account for other stuff like pause, individual weapons and drones, autofire and individual weapons autofire.

Ships can have at max 8 systems + battery (and 3 subsystems) unless mods are being used. At that point they can theoretically have all of them.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I needed!
Thank you SO much!
Yes, I have everything else covered. (Including drones, etc, etc.) That list was all I needed. PERFECT.

Thank you!
I will post the final project here when it is finished.

Once again, thanks!

-Wesley Sappington, Eyesight Creator and Technical Director
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:57 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Hello!Then, using the buttons and switches on the console the user can pilot their FTL starship, as if it were a real spaceship! The player would divert power to different systems via ACTUAL PHYSICAL buttons. The player would power weapons with cool looking toggle switches. The user could activate cloak by pressing a large, light up button. Basically, the device replaces your computer keyboard in FTL.

At first I didn't realize what you meant by this, but know that I do get that your trying to make something that is basically like a keyboard for FTL except with buttons and such.

I know somebody who actually does something like this who streams on Twitch by the name of cyberbilly. He's got stuff like buttons for powering/depowering, a joystick for movement and even foot pedals to create a cockpit. I bet he's got some older videos where you can see this. Your idea is basically creating something like this, but you're doing all of this yourself which I think is neat. :)
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:41 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
Eyesight Technology wrote: but you're doing all of this yourself which I think is neat. :)

Wow! Thanks!
Check the blog (Labeled "Project Progress") on my website to see my development progress on this project.
[url]eyesighttechnology.weebly.com[/url]
CardNilos8

Postby CardNilos8 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

I'd like to help you, but I am not good at it. return man 3 unblocked